Groups

Blinking Monitor

Anyone got any ideas as to why my monitor goes off and on, it wil do it 3 or 4 times at about half a second intervals, then settles, it happens every time I turn my printer on, plug in things via USB even conecting to my router.

Its begining to get on my nerves now, Its not a virus as far as Live One Care is concerned

Thanx ppl

8 Comments

The PC probably cannot feed enough power to the things you have plugged in. You are best buying a powered USB hub instead of plugging all the USB stuff into the PC itself.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;3609125

The PC probably cannot feed enough power to the things you have plugged … The PC probably cannot feed enough power to the things you have plugged in. You are best buying a powered USB hub instead of plugging all the USB stuff into the PC itself.

Hmmm, I've not put anything new in, just the same things as probably for the last year , but its a thought that maybe the power is going, I will try unplugging stuff thanx :thumbsup:

Yeah,Could be your PSU is struggling .what graphics card ya using ?

Original Poster

tonyg1962;3609334

Yeah,Could be your PSU is struggling .what graphics card ya using ?

nvidia ummm Geforce 6200 Turbocache, the pc is 4 yrs old now ish lol

Even when I went into the control panel it blinked off once, grrr

is it nervous??

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3609428

is it nervous??

It Better be, I'm not known for my patience and there's a river just out the back of the house:viking:

This may sound daft but have you tried opening it up recently and blowing the dust out from the graphics card and processor,Could be caused by heat build up,
    Tony

Original Poster

tonyg1962;3611398

This may sound daft but have you tried opening it up recently and blowing … This may sound daft but have you tried opening it up recently and blowing the dust out from the graphics card and processor,Could be caused by heat build up,Tony

Yup, thanx Tony did it bout 4 weeks ago, it even does it when I open some apps, almost like it's refreshing itself :?
    Might be an excuse to get that new pc I want :whistling: LoL
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions