block ads at router/switch level

Found 29th MarEdited by:"johnro"
hi there

has anyone been able to block adverts at router/switch level?

could you give me a quick guide on how to do it and i'll research further from there?

thanks for your time
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Maintenance heavy but I have seen services offered which white list and black list IP addresses and domains. You will undoubtedly suffer a reduced level of functionality and service on many sites. I suffer from GOMS and block ads, pop ups, Java etc using a combination of of browser (Firefox) settings, Kaspersky and Abine.
If you have a router that supports custom firmware such as LEDE/OpenWRT. Then you can block at router level using the modules provided.

33536119-zE41W.jpg
33536119-4NuyZ.jpg
Edited by: "rev6" 29th Mar
A quick guide to get adblock running on LEDE.

Router page, default is usually 192.168.1.1

33536201-dD228.jpg
33536201-39fAJ.jpg
33536201-rlnH5.jpg
33536201-CGjD5.jpg

33536201-fafzI.jpg
If you need help just let me know.
right now i'm looking to see which routers are LEDE compatible

thanks for your help
johnro5 m ago

right now i'm looking to see which routers are LEDE compatiblethanks for …right now i'm looking to see which routers are LEDE compatiblethanks for your help

There are loads, but be wary of Broadcom based. Most don't support 5GHz properly if you want to run LEDE.
rev625 m ago

There are loads, but be wary of Broadcom based. Most don't support 5GHz …There are loads, but be wary of Broadcom based. Most don't support 5GHz properly if you want to run LEDE.

do you know of an affordable PoE one?
Not what your asking but... Just install brave browser on all devices
Someone mentioned Pihole a couple of weeks ago. Never used it myself but might save you a big of money.
wayners50 m ago

Not what your asking but... Just install brave browser on all devices

yeah, i'm good with all PC's but i need Ad Free Net for TV's and other non PC devices
kester7630 m ago

Someone mentioned Pihole a couple of weeks ago. Never used it myself but …Someone mentioned Pihole a couple of weeks ago. Never used it myself but might save you a big of money.

i came across this as well. researching now on how to use it in between my ISP's modem and my Router as well
johnro42 m ago

yeah, i'm good with all PC's but i need Ad Free Net for TV's and other non …yeah, i'm good with all PC's but i need Ad Free Net for TV's and other non PC devices

I was wondering what the point of this was. It seems like a great idea now you say that.
johnro3 h, 2 m ago

do you know of an affordable PoE one?

Do they even make POE routers?
kester762 h, 47 m ago

Someone mentioned Pihole a couple of weeks ago. Never used it myself but …Someone mentioned Pihole a couple of weeks ago. Never used it myself but might save you a big of money.

What about a cake hole?
johnro1 h, 57 m ago

https://mikrotik.com/product/RBOmniTikUPA-5HnDr2

LOL that’s an access point not a router
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants