block booking premier inn - how does it work?

10 replies
Found 12th May
Hi guys, I'm looking to reserve a block of rooms at premier inn for my wedding. I understand that payment is needed for these 28 days prior to the wedding (or cancelled if before that) but i wondered i anyone know how a guest handles booking? payment for the rooms can apparently only come from me - do i request that my guests pay me? obviously id rather they just call and pay themselves from the block, but for some reason this isn't an option! for some reason I'm getting confused (probably because i don't want to have to ask guests to give me money!)
any help appreciated

1. Ask
  2. Book
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Book
10 Comments

What did customer services tell you?

Why do you have to block book? Can you not just tell your guests to book themselves asap?

Original Poster

patchworkcampers

Why do you have to block book? Can you not just tell your guests to book … Why do you have to block book? Can you not just tell your guests to book themselves asap?

Its more to make sure they kind of all stay in the same place for bus purposes. if they're all over the place then the bus will cost me a fortune haha!

Original Poster

Destard

What did customer services tell you?

It took me forever to get through, by the time i got off the phone i forgot to ask that question and didn't fancy waiting on hold 20 minutes again.

It's a bit rude to ask guests to pay for them so you can save on bus costs. It's only premier inn, not Hilton.

I think I would just have to tell the guests the bus will be collecting them from that location, if they want to stay there that's their choice otherwise they'll just have to make their own way. Not sure there's really any other way around it.

I did a block booking and collected payment for my own wedding, it was a nightmare!

Original Poster

tempt

It's a bit rude to ask guests to pay for them so you can save on bus … It's a bit rude to ask guests to pay for them so you can save on bus costs. It's only premier inn, not Hilton.

Wait... hold on. They'd need a hotel anyway! Harsh. I have family travelling from England and Germany up to Scotland... having them all stay in one place as opposed to in various different places between Glasgow and Edinburgh and making my bus cost £2000 instead of 700 is not rude? It will cost them no more to do it my way and make their life a bit easier because they can step out and hop on a bus. Not only that it's the only decent hotel within 5 miles of the place. Thanks for the crazy ridiculous input and not asking for clarification.

Original Poster

patchworkcampers

I think I would just have to tell the guests the bus will be collecting … I think I would just have to tell the guests the bus will be collecting them from that location, if they want to stay there that's their choice otherwise they'll just have to make their own way. Not sure there's really any other way around it. I did a block booking and collected payment for my own wedding, it was a nightmare!

Yeah I mean they don't HAVE to stay there but would be easier it also helps to make sure there is availability too i suppose (tiny area - two weddings in one day!)
Yeah your nightmare is what I envision! Hope it worked out in the end!
Thank you for the helpful input

hey - I had to do the same with Premier Inn for our wedding too; unfortunately you need to book it (in your name for now) and then get the money from your guests for the rooms. Be aware of how many rooms of each type they have (e.g. Family, Double, Twin....). We created a spreadsheet for all the rooms we had booked to track who was in each type, and who had said they wanted one vs. who had paid for them.... This worked pretty well for ~65 rooms that we had, with only a couple of non-pays that we just sucked up. Provided the hotel with a spreadsheet of the names of the guests and each room type etc. and they checked in as normal on the day. Good luck, and hope that helps!

Original Poster

ardypats

hey - I had to do the same with Premier Inn for our wedding too; … hey - I had to do the same with Premier Inn for our wedding too; unfortunately you need to book it (in your name for now) and then get the money from your guests for the rooms. Be aware of how many rooms of each type they have (e.g. Family, Double, Twin....). We created a spreadsheet for all the rooms we had booked to track who was in each type, and who had said they wanted one vs. who had paid for them.... This worked pretty well for ~65 rooms that we had, with only a couple of non-pays that we just sucked up. Provided the hotel with a spreadsheet of the names of the guests and each room type etc. and they checked in as normal on the day. Good luck, and hope that helps!

Brilliant Info thanks ardy! I'm a spreadsheet kinda gal too so I can see that working for me! I wish there was a way to block book and have the guests pay the hotel directly. Seems a kerfuffle haha. Thanks for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415416
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    4. word association Game74244894

See more discussions