Groups

Blockbuster is going.....

Banned
    Happy or sad????

"Blockbuster Says It Has No Plans To File For Bankruptcy
    Posted by Eric Savitz

Blockbuster (BBI) this afternoon confirmed in an interview with Tech Trader Daily that the company has hired Kirkland and Ellis for assistance with our ongoing financing and capital raising initiatives, but added that we do not intend to file for bankruptcy.

Blockbuster spokeswoman Karen Raskopf said the company will provide an update on its refinancing efforts on its March 19 earnings call.

She noted that the company said on its third-quarter earnings call that the company has a $28 million term loan and a revolving credit line that come due in August 28. The companys most recent balance sheet shows a total $209 million of long-term debt classified as short term."
    - lumoruk

48 Comments

Banned

going where? anywhere sunny?

wheres it going?

glad.. our local one smells :P

Hired a firm for bankrupty advice

first I've heard of it, looks like I need to look for a new job

really? well no wonder, who rents dvds anymore from a shop?? And they were expensive too!

going where?

no way! my little local one is a goldmine for dvd's and video games.

got singstar ps3 for £5 last week

http://www.ukgameshows.com/page/images/thumb/f/fc/Blockbusters_bob_foldedarms.jpg/300px-Blockbusters_bob_foldedarms.jpg

WTF is Bob Holness gonna do now?????

woody90;4542791

^^^^^^

Ouch.

mbgringo;4542860

^^^^^^Ouch.

Yeah, you could say that

mbgringo;4542854

WTF is Bob Holness gonna do now?????

lol made me laugh!

woody90;4542791

oh dear hon Maybe just a rumour x

I heard Next is going bankrupt ... better get down there quick if you want anything!

Whos waiting for the bargains?

The people who work in our local BB are really helpful and friendly, hope this aint true as my boys often rent out xbox games to try before they buy.

mbgringo;4542854

can you give me a P Bob?

MrSharpshooter;4542912

I heard Next is going bankrupt ... better get down there quick if you … I heard Next is going bankrupt ... better get down there quick if you want anything!

Next is next? Whatever next . . . . . :x

jjcaho where did you get this info

robtallica;4542927

can you give me a P Bob?

P45?

robtallica;4542927

can you give me a P Bob?

http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/lg/2/0/Harold-Feinstein-Garden-Pea-208092.jpg

I doubt it - isn't blockbuster owned by Viacom?

Banned

alternate;4542957

I doubt it - isn't blockbuster owned by Viacom?

yes they are

Banned

until its confirmed i wouldnt speculate as it may upset the workers

So if I rent a load of films will I get to keep them:idea:

jtx;4542992

So if I rent a load of films will I get to keep them:idea:

no lol

Blockbusters to me has so far been the best place to work at , so i'm hoping that everything should turn out ok:)

Blockbuster has also been seperate from Viacom for a good number of years.

MrSharpshooter;4543360

Blockbusters to me has so far been the best place to work at , so i'm … Blockbusters to me has so far been the best place to work at , so i'm hoping that everything should turn out ok:)

Amen to that

hope ours stays, we practically live in ours:oops: the four of us love films, and if we're not renting them then we're looking in the bargain bins for some classics

Blockbuster have responded in an interview :

Blockbuster Says It Has No Plans To File For BankruptcyPosted by Eric … Blockbuster Says It Has No Plans To File For BankruptcyPosted by Eric SavitzBlockbuster (BBI) this afternoon confirmed in an interview with Tech Trader Daily that the company has hired Kirkland and Ellis “for assistance with our ongoing financing and capital raising initiatives,” but added that “we do not intend to file for bankruptcy.”Blockbuster spokeswoman Karen Raskopf said the company will provide an update on its refinancing efforts on its March 19 earnings call.She noted that the company said on its third-quarter earnings call that the company has a $28 million term loan and a revolving credit line that come due in August 28. The company’s most recent balance sheet shows a total $209 million of long-term debt classified as short term.

Banned

MrSharpshooter;4543835

Blockbuster have responded in an interview :

thanks, I've added it to the OP

ClarityofMind;4542788

glad.. our local one smells :P

isn't that all of them ???

love my local blockbuster. they've always got great deals on xbox 360 games and the staff are actually really good.

juicyx;4543991

isn't that all of them ???

I don't know?

I have only been in one.. but what is that smell? It's really bad...

Didn't realise it was more than our one.

Banned

ClarityofMind;4544078

I don't know? I have only been in one.. but what is that smell? It's … I don't know? I have only been in one.. but what is that smell? It's really bad... Didn't realise it was more than our one.

It's the stench of the old VHS tapes in the back rotting

Haven't been in my local one for ages. Last time I did the film rentals were overpriced and there is never any good savings on games. I thought it was on its way out or lacking funding as it looks like they haven't refurbished since the 80s. Only good point is they have one of the most helpful and friendliest assistants I've ever met in any customer service experience. Really nice bloke. It's a shame he shares the store with a work colleague that has the biggest attitude problem. He actually serves you as if he is doing you a huge favour, at the same time looks at you like you just cussed his mum or something!

MrSharpshooter;4542912

I heard Next is going bankrupt ... better get down there quick if you … I heard Next is going bankrupt ... better get down there quick if you want anything!

yeah right! Not the way my mates and I spend in there!

Haha,we had the carpets cleaned the other day at my store , and it stunk the place out!

Probably the dust from the 80's!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone x33
      2. Amazon prime subscribe & save35
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay33
      4. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?1319

See more discussions