Blocked gas hob

Found 17th Mar
Hello people. I wonder if anyone can help me? I was cooking then I noticed the flame on my hob was lower than usual. During cooking it got smaller then it went out. The other hobs work fine, just the main big hob seems to be blocked. I checked the other hobs and the hole seems to be clear except this one.
2910540-Z1Hem.jpg
Does anyone know how I can unblock this? I tried using a needle but it would block up again once the gas start to come out. I think its residue from the gas and the force of the gas pushes it back to the top of the hole which is too small for the residue to come out. Can I just loosen this nut or valve and remove then place it back on? Or would doing so make things worse ? Do I need a gas safe person to do this? Thankyou in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Yes just unscrew it, clean and replace.
the injector is probably blocked with grease or lint clear it with a pin. also soak the plate that sits on top with soapy water as they get clogged with grease too
Edited by: "discozohan" 17th Mar
123thisisme3 h, 2 m ago

that's what my gas man did, just unscrewed it, pokked dirtt thought, put it back, boom we are cooking
Original Poster
123thisisme10 h, 59 m ago

I tried but it seems to be held in using out of this world glue. I tried but i think I was doing more harm as the hex nut wasn't budging and i think i kind of worm the metal off. Is there anyway else I can get to the inside of the hole?
33459558-bj1uY.jpg
Get a gas safe registered engineer in, before it rounds anymore and in case you’ve disturbed a joint when forcing the nut. Seems a simple job but cookers and hobs always give off carbon monoxide, if you accidentally widen the injector hole too much, it could burn improper and create higher/unsafe levels of carbon monoxide.
Original Poster
bgdon117 h, 41 m ago

Get a gas safe registered engineer in, before it rounds anymore and in …Get a gas safe registered engineer in, before it rounds anymore and in case you’ve disturbed a joint when forcing the nut. Seems a simple job but cookers and hobs always give off carbon monoxide, if you accidentally widen the injector hole too much, it could burn improper and create higher/unsafe levels of carbon monoxide.

Thankyou. How much do you think this should cost? So I can get a quote. Im not in a rush as its a 5 burner but rather it get fixed.
ohmygod20068 m ago

Thankyou. How much do you think this should cost? So I can get a quote. Im …Thankyou. How much do you think this should cost? So I can get a quote. Im not in a rush as its a 5 burner but rather it get fixed.

We had a boiler guy come and check the boiler when my mum asked him about the gas. He unblocked it within 60 seconds.
If you have any other gas work around the house.. radiator, boiler etc.. just ask them and they may do it for free like ours did.
Try cleaning the hole out with a needle whilst the gas is on, this should help blow the crud out. Dont smoke.
Original Poster
Thankyou guys I booked someone over but then i found a match for the nut somewhere in my house and I loosened it and voila! Burn baby! Like new now.
Original Poster
123thisisme10 h, 19 m ago

Try cleaning the hole out with a needle whilst the gas is on, this should …Try cleaning the hole out with a needle whilst the gas is on, this should help blow the crud out. Dont smoke.

I dont know if this is a joke or not... 🔥🔥
ohmygod200613 h, 47 m ago

I dont know if this is a joke or not... 🔥🔥

No it wasn't a joke, having the gas on for a few seconds wouldn't be of any danger. Glad you got it sorted.
Original Poster
123thisisme3 h, 39 m ago

No it wasn't a joke, having the gas on for a few seconds wouldn't be of …No it wasn't a joke, having the gas on for a few seconds wouldn't be of any danger. Glad you got it sorted.

Ah ok , cause knowing me I'd start to panic and begin breathing in the gas, scrape too quickly with a needle which would create a spark...(angel)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions