Blocking IMEI on iPhone

Found 9th Aug
Hi,
I had my phone stolen abroad and to claim back on my house insurance they are requesting confirmation that the IMEI has been blacklisted.

I’ve spoken to apple and they informed me that this was a police matter, I called 101 and the police informed me that they do not do this.

The phone was purchased as a pay as you go order therefore I have a sim only contract with three so I would not connect three mobile for this issue.

Has anyone got any idea on how to resolve this?

Many thanks.
Community Updates
AskiPhoneiPhone 5s
14 Comments
I'm sure you deal with your mobile network provider.
ch7leach56 s ago

I'm sure you deal with your mobile network provider.

Thanks for the reply.

I brought the phone from John Lewis and the sim from Three mobile. Surely Three mobile have no information about the phone to block it?
Report it as stolen to your current provider - Three.

How long ago was it stolen - did you not report it to the Police where it was stolen ?
buyer1019th Aug

Thanks for the reply.I brought the phone from John Lewis and the sim from …Thanks for the reply.I brought the phone from John Lewis and the sim from Three mobile. Surely Three mobile have no information about the phone to block it?

Three will have your IMEI and only they can block it (blacklist it)
tintin72 m ago

Report it as stolen to your current provider - Three. How long ago was it …Report it as stolen to your current provider - Three. How long ago was it stolen - did you not report it to the Police where it was stolen ?

tintin72 m ago

Report it as stolen to your current provider - Three. How long ago was it …Report it as stolen to your current provider - Three. How long ago was it stolen - did you not report it to the Police where it was stolen ?

Hi,
It was stolen 03/08/18 and I did not report it to the Greek Police.
I’ll contact three mobile.
If 3 Wont give you proof they blocked it pay for a checkmend a few days after it was done to prove the imei is blacklisted
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 9th Aug
buyer10129 m ago

Thanks for the reply.I brought the phone from John Lewis and the sim from …Thanks for the reply.I brought the phone from John Lewis and the sim from Three mobile. Surely Three mobile have no information about the phone to block it?

Three will have the IMEI number recorded against your phone number. Each time the phone number connects to the network the IMEI of the handset is logged. Call three and report it as stolen and ask them to block it.
You can call the network and request it to be blacklisted, which they will do however the blacklist will only work on the phone when in the Or connects to a uk network. As the phone was lost/stolen in greece it will still work
When you report your phone stolen/lost, when the networks add the bar onto it, it automatically will also blacklist the last handset the sim was used in. Chances are it is already blacklisted and you just need three to verify this
samosa1 h, 2 m ago

When you report your phone stolen/lost, when the networks add the bar onto …When you report your phone stolen/lost, when the networks add the bar onto it, it automatically will also blacklist the last handset the sim was used in. Chances are it is already blacklisted and you just need three to verify this

I’ve confirmed myself that the IMEI is not blacklisted. There’s websites you can use to check this.
Register it with immobilise, put in when and where you bought it and how much. Add the serial and IMEI number and any photos if any. Then on the registered devices on the right side click report stolen. That in turn notifies checkmend and hopefully update the report as reported stolen. Then print off both certificates and show your insurance.
buyer1017 h, 44 m ago

I’ve confirmed myself that the IMEI is not blacklisted. There’s websites yo …I’ve confirmed myself that the IMEI is not blacklisted. There’s websites you can use to check this.

Have you got in touch with three about this yet? What did they say
It will only be blocked in the UK and will work perfectly fine abroad
I spoke to Three mobile and they said I need to send confirmation of me purchasing the phone via email.
After sending that I heard no reply after a day (insurance are impatient) so I contacted Three again, checked the next day and it was blacklisted.

Many thanks all.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants