Blocking your house phone with a pin to prevent your child using it.

15 replies
Found 27th May 2009
Ok out of pure curiosity can parents tell me if they do this or not.

V1 dont even get on your high horse or i will kick your ass.

15 Comments

Banned

I remember my mum did this to me,
but only for mobile numbers this was like 4 years ago when I was 14 so not sure if it still works?

But yeha.

Anyway, I wrongly checked her mobile and got the code LOL

Banned

^ also it wasn't me ringing mobiles, it was my sister. She full on demanded i got it =( haha

Original Poster

thanks. thats one more to add to your list pablo.

i thought they were all born with mobiles in their hands these days with the speaker automatically switched on and pre-loaded with an itunes card!!!

well. We've got one 11 year old & a small baby.

As yet, and touch wood,we haven't had to put a lock on the phone or anything like it.

However, if any of them did, and carried on doing it after they were told not to, then we would look at doing it.

I don't see this as rubbish parenting, just common sense.

I would like to think though that our two would be wised up to know not to do it but then again, kids are kids.

My kid's aren't old enough yet so no need.

My parents put one on when me and my brother were young. According to that Vibeone character they must have been bad parents.

I have a pin on my home phone,im with virgin and i think it costs me £1 a month which is well worth it as my bills are much much lower now

I never needed to for my children, I told them they weren't allowed to phone premium numbers without permission. If they wanted to, they asked permission and I deducted the cost from their pocket money. It wasn't quite so appealing when they had to pay themselves.

Banned

you know what bella, go and play your silly games with pablo and leave me out of it yeah?

I really don't give a crap, and if you think a thread here is indicative of the population... sweet jesus you need to wake up.

Another to add to the list Pablo? Right... OK.

Banned

my children both ask to use the phone before using, they are 15 and 7, never had any problems with either using the phone without my consent, but you can get a lock put on phone where you have to enter a pin before dialling but kids catch on quick if you have caller displey then they will soon know the pin

You can also ask BT to block all premium rate calls if there's anybody in the house abusing that facility.

ms2005;5329150

i thought they were all born with mobiles in their hands these days with … i thought they were all born with mobiles in their hands these days with the speaker automatically switched on and pre-loaded with an itunes card!!!

... and they are increasingly being born with very long thumbs so that they can text from the whole keyboard without using any other fingers.

Original Poster

vibeone;5329361

you know what bella, go and play your silly games with pablo and leave me … you know what bella, go and play your silly games with pablo and leave me out of it yeah?I really don't give a crap, and if you think a thread here is indicative of the population... sweet jesus you need to wake up.:)Another to add to the list Pablo? Right... OK.

oh V1 have i offended you and i didnt think it was possible:p

God take a joke if you cant take the crap dont hand it out to people. it was just to see people view on it not to prove you wrong:roll:

this was just a little joke that i really thought you could handle.;-)

Mardyass;5329314

I have a pin on my home phone,im with virgin and i think it costs me £1 a … I have a pin on my home phone,im with virgin and i think it costs me £1 a month which is well worth it as my bills are much much lower now

im with virgin atm, thanks for posting this as i never knew you could do it, my kids are only 2 and 1 so im safe at the minute :whistling:

bt used to provide a service when you had to put a pin in before dialing out. i had to get this a few years ago when i had lodgers. lodgers are far worse than kids! it didnt cost me anything though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?810
    3. Android pay set up610
    4. Best 4k tv's for gaming11

See more discussions