Blood glucose monitor suggestion please ! !

Can anyone suggest a good blood glucose monitor please? I have no idea how they work or what is to be kept on mind while buying one. Rep to all good suggestions. Cheers.

4 Comments

If you look in the freebies section there are some companies who send the meters to diabetics, which could save you from buying one, but I think your doctor will give you one on prescription after your initial diagnosis? They gave one to my brother.
But, things to keep in mind are availibility of the testing sticks, the amount of blood needed for a measurement, size of screen if you have poor eyesight.

Here you go...

]optium xceed

very small
only need a tiny bit of blood
read-out in 5 secs

Original Poster

mfc1986;7894850

Here you go...]optium xceedvery smallonly need a tiny bit of … Here you go...]optium xceedvery smallonly need a tiny bit of bloodread-out in 5 secs

These uses test strips. How are the ones without test strips like ]this or ]this one? Which one is better? (Not being choosey but asking as I know nothing abt it.)

nomeames;7896004

These uses test strips. How are the ones without test strips like ]this … These uses test strips. How are the ones without test strips like ]this or ]this one? Which one is better? (Not being choosey but asking as I know nothing abt it.)

These still need replacable test strips - the first loks like it has a roll of 17 strips, so would last a good couple of days, and then you need another roll after they are used up. The second looks like the standard strips go in the bottom.
Accucheck is a good brand.
It sounds like you need to talk to your doctor if you don't know much about this - your local hospital will have a diabetes department and nurses who will go over all of this stuff if necessary.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    3. word association Game74044563
    4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions