Groups

bloody flatpacked cr*p

ive spent about 4 hours today putting this together homebase.co.uk/web…365 in the shop it looked really sturdy and nice, and when it said home assembly required i thought it would just be like putting the legs on on or something, but no. it was in about a million pieces, 1000 screws ect.

anyway, ive done my back an injury, managed to knock a hole thru the side and after i set it up and looked at it, realised they have been abit over-zelous whilst giving it a 'scratched effect'.

its only the good stuff for me from now on lol.

24 Comments

dunno

ive spent about 4 hours today putting this together … ive spent about 4 hours today putting this together http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=20001&langId=-1&catalogId=10701&productId=1500002365 in the shop it looked really sturdy and nice, and when it said home assembly required i thought it would just be like putting the legs on on or something, but no. it was in about a million pieces, 1000 screws ect.anyway, ive done my back an injury, managed to knock a hole thru the side and after i set it up and looked at it, realised they have been abit over-zelous whilst giving it a 'scratched effect'. its only the good stuff for me from now on lol.

woah thats pretty neat...but yeah i always think flat pack stuff is crap...atleast they managed to send u all the bits n screws cos 9 times out of 10 theres summit missing and its like the krypton factor trying to assemble it till u realise theres summit missing :x

dunno

its only the good stuff for me from now on lol.

You need to avoid dog and crazy then :giggle:

In the shops on the demonstartions they often use gule, staples, extra screws and anything else which will help to make it sturdy...

duckmagicuk2

In the shops on the demonstartions they often use gule, staples, extra … In the shops on the demonstartions they often use gule, staples, extra screws and anything else which will help to make it sturdy...

Tis true.. what you see isn't always what you're going to get.. :oops:

Original Poster

hiphop_dont_stop

woah thats pretty neat...but yeah i always think flat pack stuff is … woah thats pretty neat...but yeah i always think flat pack stuff is crap...atleast they managed to send u all the bits n screws cos 9 times out of 10 theres summit missing and its like the krypton factor trying to assemble it till u realise theres summit missing :x

thats true, i think this is the 1st time ever that it was all there. well, they did forget to put in some instuctions that actually made sense lol

Original Poster

emasu

You need to avoid dog and crazy then :giggle:

whats that? lol

Original Poster

duckmagicuk2

In the shops on the demonstartions they often use gule, staples, extra … In the shops on the demonstartions they often use gule, staples, extra screws and anything else which will help to make it sturdy...

thats a good point, cos the one on display was built like a tank, but mine may well blow over in the wind lol.

dunno

whats that? lol

they mean dog_cop and crazy1 on here :giggle:

Original Poster

hiphop_dont_stop

they mean dog_cop and crazy1 on here :giggle:

O I C, whats wrong with them? lol.

dunno

O I C, whats wrong with them? lol.

dunno bout DC but it came to light 2 day that crazy has 1 of these

australiagift.com/scr…tml

and he uses it 2 put his sarnies in he said :w00t: :w00t:
    :giggle:

Original Poster

hiphop_dont_stop

dunno bout DC but it came to light 2 day that crazy has 1 of … dunno bout DC but it came to light 2 day that crazy has 1 of thesehttp://www.australiagift.com/scrotum_shop/index.htmland he uses it 2 put his sarnies in he said :w00t: :w00t: :giggle:

:shock: thats sick lol. just out of interest what size scrotum does he have? :giggle:

Banned

Sandwich size by the sounds of it.

dunno

:shock: thats sick lol. just out of interest what size scrotum does he … :shock: thats sick lol. just out of interest what size scrotum does he have? :giggle:

large he said :w00t: lol

Original Poster

hiphop_dont_stop

large he said :w00t: lol

lol, i bet he's exaggerating:giggle:

dunno

i hope hes joking hes got 1 else he can keep his sarnies away from me:giggle:

dunno

In my experience....they all do!:-D

muckypup

In my experience....they all do!:-D

lol dont they just :giggle:

Original Poster

tsk, men. lmao.

Lol we got a flat pack desk from Ikea, ended up with 5 trips back to the store before it was complete.......

......Did I mention the store is 1 hour away?????

Most of my office furniture was flat packed. There are two rules I always follow when assembling FP:

1. Read the instructions first. Do not attempt to assemble anything just by following your gut instinct.
    2. If it appears that some hole is missing or some screw is incompatible, do not attempt to fix it - most likely you simply got the instructions wrong.

Kommunist

2. If it appears that some hole is missing or some screw is incompatible, … 2. If it appears that some hole is missing or some screw is incompatible, do not attempt to fix it - most likely you simply got the instructions wrong.

Not always true, when dad was fitting desk together they gave him the same piece twice instead of two different pieces, so holes and stuff where in the wrong place

kelly_o_fanatic

Not always true, when dad was fitting desk together they gave him the … Not always true, when dad was fitting desk together they gave him the same piece twice instead of two different pieces, so holes and stuff where in the wrong place

That's why I said 'most likely' But in such case I'll just give a call to seller rather than fixing it myself.

Built LOADS of MFI kitchen & bedroom furniture and never had bits missing.

Never bother with the instructions and get it right first time MOST of the time.

I guess they work for some and not for others.

Original Poster

today i brought this - argos.co.uk/web…048 from argos.

opened it up, there are no instructions, no screws or nails and some of the wood is damaged - damn you argos:x

also brought this - argos.co.uk/web…286 to go on top of my new back breaking cabinet, and there's like literally 2 pebble's in there:x

think i'll buy stuff you can actually pick up and inspect from the shelfs next time lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions