Bloody FUMING!!!!!!!!!! DealExtreme

Found 13th Sep 2008
Just recieved 2 dstt cards and according to the ndstt.com site the markings on these mean they are fake!
I paid with paypal so am i able to dispute it as you can with ebay???
has anyone else had the same prob or similar with dealextreme if so what can or should i do, dont get me wrong i only paid just ove £20 but i dnt have money to throw away thats why im sooooooooooo angry.
Thanks for reading and to those who reply!

25 Comments

i "expected" the sony memory stick pro duos from dealextreme to be fakes, and they were. TBH at DX's prices they're almost bound to be fakes aren't they?

fake, shmake

Original Poster

well i was wondering but seens how a lot of people on here always say about getting them from deal extreme and im not talking 1 or 2 ive had at last 15 people recommend dealextreme.
so i assumed they could be trusted but then u no what they say assumption is the mother of fcuk ups!

as above - if they work, who gives a hoot?

You get what you pay for! :roll:

Original Poster

why do people always have to come out with smart remarks i asked a question to people that can be bothered to answer it, if you aint got nothing constructive to say why bother are some of you really that bored!!!!

well you are just complaining that they are fakes but do they work fine? If yes why are you complaining?

dcx_badass;2960821

Ever thought they were recommended because they work fine and are cheap? … Ever thought they were recommended because they work fine and are cheap? You can trust dealextreme, if ever I've had a faulty product they've replaced it.

Seconded. Everything I've bought works fine, or has been replaced if I told them.

You pays your money and takes your chance.

BTW, what difference does it make? You're only looking to make "illegal" homebrews anyway.

dee.s.g;2960822

why do people always have to come out with smart remarks i asked a … why do people always have to come out with smart remarks i asked a question to people that can be bothered to answer it, if you aint got nothing constructive to say why bother are some of you really that bored!!!!

Have you been in contact with Deal Extreme? I thought that would have been your first port of call rather than here :?

Original Poster

because it says on the website about it damaging the mem card and that. it wasnt just complaining it was me wondering if anyone else has had similar problem and if i can claim back through paypal if you read the op properly you would see that!

Banned

dee.s.g;2960822

why do people always have to come out with smart remarks i asked a … why do people always have to come out with smart remarks i asked a question to people that can be bothered to answer it, if you aint got nothing constructive to say why bother are some of you really that bored!!!!

Not sure why you'd think telling you they work, so not a problem isn't constructive?

I doubt you will get very far with Paypal (ie goods not as described) and the only option for you if you dont want them is to send them back for a refund.

Appolgies in advance if thats not constructive enough! Personally, I'd just use them.

It is high debatable if *fake* cards damage the ds at all

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;2960842

Have you been in contact with Deal Extreme? I thought that would have … Have you been in contact with Deal Extreme? I thought that would have been your first port of call rather than here :?

yes have emailed them and waiting for response, i came on here to find out if anyone else has had any problems that was all if i knew all i was gonna get was people asking basically why id bothered i wish i bloody hadnt all i was asking for was some advice!

dealextreme aren't uk based are they?, if so no protection from SOGA, DSR etc.

Banned

my dstt is fake (you mean the black dot and the 2 above the thingy) been working fine, and just ordered another, but must say i ordered 2nd without noticing the first one is supposedly fake

Banned

sassie;2960880

my dstt is fake (you mean the black dot and the 2 above the thingy) been … my dstt is fake (you mean the black dot and the 2 above the thingy) been working fine, and just ordered another, but must say i ordered 2nd without noticing the first one is supposedly fake

I guess the alternative is to pay over the odds and buy from the UK and get SOGA protection against fakes. (And lets face it - they probably source from places like Deal Extreme anyway!!!)

As long as it works, is supported and causes no problems, there really isnt anything to get overly annoyed about IMHO.

Banned

guv;2960904

I guess the alternative is to pay over the odds and buy from the UK and … I guess the alternative is to pay over the odds and buy from the UK and get SOGA protection against fakes. (And lets face it - they probably source from places like Deal Extreme anyway!!!)As long as it works, is supported and causes no problems, there really isnt anything to get overly annoyed about IMHO.

i was a little worried when i first read about it, but to be honest mine has caused no worries and im using an 8gb card, didnt quite understand gavins post on what it does, and how to fix it, i assume he meant to cover one of the gold things with masking tape, although i am a little worried about the guitar hero as that does send data back, but thats on a normal game it isnt a rom

I wouldn't go by the paypal route as you would have to return recorded so this could set you back £7+ and take a few weeks. Best option is to sell them on here for cost + postage and get your money back, Then buy a non fake for abour £30 and find the build quality ain't much better. With a product like this theres not a lot you can do, you can't really go to trading standards over this.

If you were so concerned about fakes.....why didnt you think " if they seem too good to be true they probably are".. ( to the OP)

if it works as good, who cares? it's not as if you paid a lot

You are complaining about a "fake" device that you will use to play fake games is fake?
Personally "fake" is too harsh a word, call it a "clone" instead, it does the same job at the end of the day!

Of course the dstt site is going to allege the fakes to be inferior and may damage your....blah blah blah.
The fact that someone is doing cheaper versions is going to hit their pockets, so they are just trying "damage limitation".
No offence op but anyone using such a device as its intended for/by 95% of purchasers is hardly on moral high ground are they:thumbsup:
I would still buy one from DX at their prices if my need ever arose.

the cards are brought so people can download nds roms which is illegal or from file sharing sites. and now my card looks like a fake thats cracking :w00t::w00t: could always pay full wack for nds games from now on and delete deal extreme from your favourites:-D.
it does not matter fake or not if they do the job of playing your pirate nds roms thats all good is it not :whistling:

Re Paypal. I had a problem with an item I bought (not on ebay) - the seller didn't send it after I'd sent payment via Paypal. After trying to correspond with the seller and getting no response, I thought I'd lost my money for good - but I put a dispute in at Paypal, and believe it or not, they actually got 95% of my money back from the dodgy seller. You only need the paypal reference number and the person's email address to go to dispute. Might be better to start by seeing if they'll refund you first before going the dispute route.

Its dealextreme, everything on that site is fake. I've never had a problem with them either, if something was faulty they send a replacement after you show them the fault. They even let you keep the faulty one if its something cheap.

how do you find out if you got a fake DSTT? I got a few the other day for friends and have one left here, again, I've ordered many a thing from DX, fakes/clones whatever, I've not had a problem with anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text