Bloody insurance scams

This week I have had the following:

Renewal on home insurance quote £570 from Tesco. They came down to £371 after 1 minute negotiating.

Parents quoted £140 for 7 days' travel insurance from Age Concern. I got it for them for £27 from somewhere else.

Parents quoted £210 home insurance by Age concern. Got it for £96 from Churchill.

Bloody scam merchants.

13 Comments

just shows you its always worth shopping around and asking for different companies quotes.
The way these places make there money are the people that are given a quote and just pay it without asking 'why is it so expensive?'
Car insurance quote for me was once £1400 from Halifax,
I then checked another company (Esure i think) and got a quote for £700 (second quote was actually underwritten by Halifax too!!)

Just Goes To Show Age Concern Do Jack Sh!t Where Were They When My Mom Needed Them? Bouncing Her From Pillar To Post On The Phone The Scammers

cant see where they are scams, they are services that you are not happy paying the price they quoted you, which is fair enough as thats your choice.

sometimes the cheapest price is not always the best price, are they like for like policies ?

I had a home insurance quote which was £100 more then the cheapest quote i was given but i compared both policies & went for the dearest as it had a more comprehensive cover.

richp;5360525

cant see where they are scams, they are services that you are not happy … cant see where they are scams, they are services that you are not happy paying the price they quoted you, which is fair enough as thats your choice.sometimes the cheapest price is not always the best price, are they like for like policies ?I had a home insurance quote which was £100 more then the cheapest quote i was given but i compared both policies & went for the dearest as it had a more comprehensive cover.

If you dont claim then you are £100 out of pocket........

diamondnine;5360962

If you dont claim then you are £100 out of pocket........

And if you do..?

each to there own but you got to find a balance between the two cheep but happy with the cover

richp;5360525

cant see where they are scams, they are services that you are not happy … cant see where they are scams, they are services that you are not happy paying the price they quoted you, which is fair enough as thats your choice.sometimes the cheapest price is not always the best price, are they like for like policies ?.

Spot on correct, insurance isn't a tin of beans, it is a service product, cheap insurance often isn't worth having.

Check more than the price, check the policy.

I find that the insurance policy's are the same except for the price

not a scam at all,unless sainsburys are scamming us because they sell baked beans more expensive than tesco's....

you have discovered what everyone else always knew about insurance-to shop around

Original Poster

boothy;5361634

not a scam at all,unless sainsburys are scamming us because they sell … not a scam at all,unless sainsburys are scamming us because they sell baked beans more expensive than tesco's....you have discovered what everyone else always knew about insurance-to shop around

So Sainsbury's will reduce the price of its beans by 40% if you quibble?

Your analogy doesn't work.

virus;5361649

So Sainsbury's will reduce the price of its beans by 40% if you … So Sainsbury's will reduce the price of its beans by 40% if you quibble?Your analogy doesn't work.

Neither does your OP. You pay different prices for different products.

J.Dance;5361405

I find that the insurance policy's are the same except for the price

They certainly are not, find out how much cancellation charges are with the cheaper companies, find out exactly what is covered and what is not.

Check on the Web to find out just how bad the service is when making a claim with some of the cheaper companies.

Original Poster

Goonieman;5361893

Neither does your OP. You pay different prices for different products.

No - read the OP. The same insurer knocked 40% off the same policy within 1 minute for quibbling.

That's the scam.

And additionally, Age Concern are double-insuring - why pay to insure against things you lose abroad when they are already on your home contents policy. The first thing AC would say if you lost your case is "Is it insured on your home policy? Then claim on that".

Yes, I agree that you get different policies - in this case, the cheaper one is better every time.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??77
    3. Xbox One X - (News, updates, etc)3381
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213601

See more discussions