Bloomin Microsoft error! Always on start up!

13 replies
Found 27th Feb 2008
Hey there people!

I have had this error always on start up after logging into Vista. I always click Quit and it goes away!

However I wanted to know why it always comes up and its getting on my nerves now!

Microsoft.NET Framework

An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

Access to the registry key is denied.

Details:

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key is denied.
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value)
at WarReg_PopUp.Subroutines.WriteValueString_SubRegistry(String Reg_MainKey, String Reg_SubKey, String Reg_Value, String Value)
at WarReg_PopUp.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object eventSender, EventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is this something I should be worried about?

Hope you helpful lot can sort this bloody annoying problem out for me

Thanks.

13 Comments

I used to get an error like this wen i installed ATI drivers that required framework 3.0 and I only had 2.0

Go here> microsoft.com/dow…043 to download .Net Framework 3.0. It might help and won't hurt if it doesn't.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!

However tried to download that and it tells me I can only use the

"turn windows features on and off"

in order to install it.

So I do that however .NET Frawework 3 is already there but the box is filled which means that only part of the feature is turned on?

Any ideas now?

Thanks....

Original Poster

Still not doin' anything

What apps do you have in your startup ?

Original Poster

Hi there,

Just Acer Empowering Technology Launcher.

MSN Messenger

Thats it.

Have a read of this and then if you are happy try out the solution:

Microsoft's .NET Framework is software designed to help PCs connect to one another, and many programs rely on it. If something goes wrong with your .NET installation, you'll have trouble. Each version of the .NET Framework is largely incompatible with the last, so this is a rare case where upgrading isn't necessarily a good idea.

A likely scenario here is that the reader installed a program that relied on version 1.0 of the .NET Framework and then accidentally or otherwise upgraded to .NET version 1.1. The program that needs the earlier version of .NET must be configured to launch when Windows boots. When Windows can't initialize the version of .NET that the program requires, you'll see this error message.

If this error happens on a home PC and you know you don't need the .NET Framework installed, click Start, expand Settings, click Control Panel, and double-click Add/Remove Programs. In Windows XP click Start and Control Panel and double-click Add Or Remove Programs. Scroll down the list until you find the entry for the .NET Framework and uninstall it. If an important program on your PC requires the .NET Framework in order to run, visit msdn.microsoft.com/net…ork and download the necessary version. To find older versions, such as 1.0, expand the Previous Versions link on the left, expand the entry for the version you want to download, and click Technology Updates. Links appear that let you download the software and any necessary Service Packs.

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies!

Hottoshop! Had a read and thinking Ill hold back and hear if anyone else has had this problem with Vista....

If not then Ill try it out and if all goes wrong....Ill blame it on you :whistling:

lol

Thanks for it tho :thumbsup:

Have you installed a printer or other hardware ?

SkippyDoo;1642647

Thanks for your replies!Hottoshop! Had a read and thinking Ill hold back … Thanks for your replies!Hottoshop! Had a read and thinking Ill hold back and hear if anyone else has had this problem with Vista....If not then Ill try it out and if all goes wrong....Ill blame it on you :whistling:lolThanks for it tho :thumbsup:

lol No problem !

You could try asking your question on this forum forums.techguy.org/ or even searching through the threads there. They're usually excellent at providing an answer.

I don't think your problem is anything to worry too much about

Original Poster

lol...

Oh looks good...Will deffo give that a try!

Nice one Hottoshop! Thanks once again! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Nope...Haven't installed any printer or hardware....

Pmmmph...Computers.....

lol

SkippyDoo;1642697

Nope...Haven't installed any printer or … Nope...Haven't installed any printer or hardware....Pmmmph...Computers.....lol

Good luck Skippy, come back if you need anything else
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray33
    2. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    3. Jd sports22
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller22

See more discussions