Blu Ray help

Sorry for being a bit uninformed, but do all Blu Ray players upgrade DVDs/Play standard DVDs?
Thinking of getting DH one for Xmas!
Also anyone recommend one for me?! Dont need a recorder..
THANKS!!!!!!

8 Comments

a blueray player should be back compatiable(playing lower formats) such as with cd/dvdsbut you will need to check the blue ray players specification to be 100% as well as if they can read readable or writeable discs i.e. cd/dvd-r and cd/dvd-rw and blueray-r or blueray-rw.

pioneer the best but most expensive, panasonic or samsung recommended

Andy a samsung?? O had a samsung DVD recorder and a samsung camera before now and they were both complete and utter rubbish. OP I'd recommend a panasonic or a ps3

Get him a playstation...

Blu Ray players upgrade DVDs/Play standard DVDs?

If you mean do they make DVD pictures look better etc then yes. They will 'upscale' the picture to make it look better on your HD tv.

I assume the person you are buying for has a HD tv cos they will need one.

Original Poster

Thanks all... yep HD tv. Cheers

missp27

Andy a samsung?? O had a samsung DVD recorder and a samsung camera before … Andy a samsung?? O had a samsung DVD recorder and a samsung camera before now and they were both complete and utter rubbish. OP I'd recommend a panasonic or a ps3

normally samsung are reliable, but like any product you can get a good or bad batch or just an out of the blue problem.
i myself had problems with sony and i think there unreliable. true ps3 would be great value for money as it can be used for many different tasks i.e. internet surfing, playing/steaming music and videos, playing games etc.

any lovefilm deals going round? those 6 freebie blurays deal arent that great imo.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions