Found 27th Oct 2009
Looking for a Stand Alone Blu-Ray Player with a usb feature so can stick usb stick in for films. Are certain models quieter than others?

Blu-Ray still quite new to me. Found quite abit of info out.

Any Bundle deals where get a Blu Ray Dvd with Player?

Any help much appreciated. I don't know if any of them a noisy?

12 Comments

Banned

It depends on how much money you have got to spend. One of the best Blu-ray players at the moment is the PS3. You've got a HD to store your films/music and as a bonus you can play games!

imdannyboy;6706119

It depends on how much money you have got to spend. One of the best … It depends on how much money you have got to spend. One of the best Blu-ray players at the moment is the PS3. You've got a HD to store your films/music and as a bonus you can play games!

The ps3 hasnt been the best player in a long time.

Banned

deathtrap3000;6706130

Maybe asking for trouble but why not?

I bought this one

]LG BD370 - Richer Sounds £150

Been excellent so far. Has USB connection for your external hard drives etc, and has network connection as well so you can keep the firmware up to date.

Supposed to have one of the fastest loading times for Blu-Ray Players, not that I'm really bothered about it.

Also gets really good reviews.

I can recommend the:

]Samsung BD-P1620 - Currys £169.99

Very good reviews and can play back MKV files as well as AVI (xvid/divx) files through the front USB port. Very good picture for a budget player and very fast loading times...

Hope that helps

Original Poster

Thanks People

Does it matter what hdmi cable you get?

You'll find lots of debate on this... I personally believe if the cable length is 2 metres or under then I wouldn't worry about what brand. I use a cheap and cheerful one and it works fine...

deathtrap3000;6706130

I thought that Sony invented BluRay technology? - surely the BD drive in the PS3 will be of excellent quality?

What differentiates between a good BD player and a bad one I wonder? Surely the ouput will be the same at 1080P?:thinking:

martinelsen;6708332

I thought that Sony invented BluRay technology? - surely the BD drive in … I thought that Sony invented BluRay technology? - surely the BD drive in the PS3 will be of excellent quality?What differentiates between a good BD player and a bad one I wonder? Surely the ouput will be the same at 1080P?:thinking:

Its certainly not a bad player. It offers excellent playback and all the other features make it a good player and entertainment machine. Just pointing out, its not the best bluray player anymore.

Its the audio playback that keeps it from holding the best bluray player title.

Ps3 has optical 5.1 audio output. In many different formats. What can beat that? Are you just anti PS3?

The reason the PS3 is the ONLY blu ray player you should buy is because it CAN auto update itself. SO when bluray firmware updates ur PS3 follows. However as all the first gen Blu ray player owners will now realise their machines are practically obsolete as Blurays now have new functions that require newer software (firmware) on the machines to run them.

nickelarse;6720321

Ps3 has optical 5.1 audio output. In many different formats. What can … Ps3 has optical 5.1 audio output. In many different formats. What can beat that? Are you just anti PS3?The reason the PS3 is the ONLY blu ray player you should buy is because it CAN auto update itself. SO when bluray firmware updates ur PS3 follows. However as all the first gen Blu ray player owners will now realise their machines are practically obsolete as Blurays now have new functions that require newer software (firmware) on the machines to run them.

A lot of the new players can play more formats and auto update themselves.

So again, the PS3 is not the best bluray player anymore.

nickelarse;6720321

Ps3 has optical 5.1 audio output. In many different formats. What can … Ps3 has optical 5.1 audio output. In many different formats. What can beat that? Are you just anti PS3?The reason the PS3 is the ONLY blu ray player you should buy is because it CAN auto update itself. SO when bluray firmware updates ur PS3 follows. However as all the first gen Blu ray player owners will now realise their machines are practically obsolete as Blurays now have new functions that require newer software (firmware) on the machines to run them.

mate, you are not going to win deathtrap3000 is right it isn't the best player anymore!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions