Groups

Blu Ray Player Help! Which one should i buy today??

I have a choice, its my friends birthday tomorrow and I'm buying them a Bluray player. I reserved this first one at my local argos, but now I've found this one at PC world
    TOSHIBA BDX2000 (£89.99) - argos.co.uk/sta…htm

TOSHIBA BDX2100 (£99.99) - pcworld.co.uk/gbu…tml

Is it worth paying £10 extra for this one?

18 Comments

just buy a PS3

12 months love film is worth the extra £10 and that £10 looks like it gets you a newer model
    Def worth the £10

Original Poster

both of them have the 12 month love film is it worth £10 for the newer model? ahh i hate choosing lol

Original Poster

arcangel111

just buy a PS3

cant really afford one plus shes not a gamer that im buying it for

ahhh didn't see that.

Still, pay the extra tenner. worth having the newer model.

Is the love film sub part of the present?

Original Poster

yeh i asked her whether she'd enjoy one, so im gonna trick her and take it out of the box (hopefully not branded with toshiba). then surprise her with the player as well

how much would a 12 month subcription go for?

not sure mate, got £30 in my head for some reason

How about the Sony BDPS370 - Richersounds have it for £99.95. This gets better reviews from What Hifi magazine. There are a number of Richersounds in Manchester - might be worth a quick phone call to see if they have stock.

Original Poster

Pr3cious18

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sony-bdp-s360-blu-ray-player-only-6/720971

yeh i saw that one, i called like 10 asdas, one rep said I was a liar when i said i saw this for £60 on a website. So none in stock within like 40/50 miles

Original Poster

Starr

not sure mate, got £30 in my head for some reason

urmm is it slightly tight to take it out and sell it on? I'll see if she wants it before i get rid of it

golemsmate

yeh i saw that one, i called like 10 asdas, one rep said I was a liar … yeh i saw that one, i called like 10 asdas, one rep said I was a liar when i said i saw this for £60 on a website. So none in stock within like 40/50 miles

Shop around for the Sony BDP-S360 or 370, both are preferable to either of the Toshibas (370 is better speced by all accounts and the 360 can be had much cheaper, to quote What Hi-Fi on the BDX2000: "the little Toshiba is basic, simple and, dare we say it, a little old-fashioned in its outlook.") and both can be had for

Banned

12 Month Love Film, is probably worth about £5 due to there being so many on the Bay.

Get this one if you can, as it plays .mkv and .avi files via USB too.

Samsung BD-P1600

if you do sell it on then do let me know, id appreciate first dibs

Dont think its too tight, she should be happy with a blu ray player!!

Original Poster

I got the toshiba w 12 months love film £99. I really wanted the asda deal one but i couldnt find any near me within like an hours drive then gave up mainly because of the tinny music, it was driving me insane!

I'll see if she wants the love film thing its her bday tomorrow so we'll find out

Original Poster

golemsmate

I got the toshiba w 12 months love film £99. I really wanted the asda … I got the toshiba w 12 months love film £99. I really wanted the asda deal one but i couldnt find any near me within like an hours drive then gave up mainly because of the tinny music, it was driving me insane!I'll see if she wants the love film thing its her bday tomorrow so we'll find out

Note: Thanks for your input, really do appreciate it! I would give you all rep... but well i cant but thumbs up what ever it does

Original Poster

@Starr sorry seems like she wants it she loves the bluray player. It looks pretty good for a budget one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285996
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523460
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions