Groups

Blu Ray Player or PS3 ?

As above, already have an xbox and a wii, what one would give me best quality picture ?

Looking at the Sony bdp s370 or the morrisons offer on the older ps3

13 Comments

bluray on ps3 is just awful, i lived with it for a year, then i saw a deadiacted bluray player, wow what a diffrence, massive differance, you should go for a panasonic bd60 or bd80, both amazing players and around £100 in sales at the mo, trust ps3 blu ray is awful no matter what anyone says

i love my ps3 for games but not bluray

Banned

The morrisons deal is likely to be long sold out

Original Poster

mrperrect1976

bluray on ps3 is just awful, i lived with it for a year, then i saw a … bluray on ps3 is just awful, i lived with it for a year, then i saw a deadiacted bluray player, wow what a diffrence, massive differance, you should go for a panasonic bd60 or bd80, both amazing players and around £100 in sales at the mo, trust ps3 blu ray is awful no matter what anyone says

Is the bd80 the newest one ?

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

The morrisons deal is likely to be long sold out

True, or I could buy one on the fs/ft. Just trying to figure out which one to go for.

not the newest but it is the best, there are other models that follow it but this model still hasent been beaten, and with its firmware update via eithernet cable you will always be uptodate with the latest advances in bluray without having to buy a new bluray player
    Edited by: "mrperrect1976" 30th Dec 2010

mrperrect1976

bluray on ps3 is just awful, i lived with it for a year, then i saw a … bluray on ps3 is just awful, i lived with it for a year, then i saw a deadiacted bluray player, wow what a diffrence, massive differance, you should go for a panasonic bd60 or bd80, both amazing players and around £100 in sales at the mo, trust ps3 blu ray is awful no matter what anyone says

So he should believe you because...

Banned

mrperrect1976

yeah right, whatever!

reviews.cnet.com/bes…rs/

PS3 is a superb all round media player too (unlike the xbox / wii) with 4Od, itv & bbc player support, net browser, thousands of streaming music videos to watch whenever you want, completely free of charge and lovefilm film streaming.

depends if you intend to play games or not?

Ps3 is ok for blurays . However a stand alone is far better when it comes to playing blu ray discs ..

mrperrect1976

csiman

yeah right, whatever!http://reviews.cnet.com/best-blu-ray-players/PS3 is … yeah right, whatever!http://reviews.cnet.com/best-blu-ray-players/PS3 is a superb all round media player too (unlike the xbox / wii) with 4Od, itv & bbc player support, net browser, thousands of streaming music videos to watch whenever you want, completely free of charge and lovefilm film streaming.

...However, unable to play "The A-Team" Blu-ray Disc without disabling access to the BD-Live features, as I found out last night (after I watched the DVD on my Xbox 360 instead to avoid loosing the assembled audience waiting for my PS3 to function as expected).

BFN,

fp.

Yes as stated ps3 is ok for blu-rays but not in the same league as a decent standalone

Lots of 'stand alone players are better' talk, yet no reasons why. Fanpages has given us a reason, some of you could back your comments up. My PS3 playing blu rays is basically identical to my standalone player, albeit the remote control for PS3 makes a big difference for control.

Since the OP has an Xbox, a stand alone player is the best bet.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming34
      2. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?22
      3. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…56
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1429

See more discussions