Blu-ray on PS4 pro

Posted 11th Apr
can you play them on it and get Dolby Atmos?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Yes
efc_4ever11/04/2020 09:22

Did you get Dolby Atmos aswell?

Isn't that what you must asked?

I don't use Atmos, but the PS4 supports it.
Illusionary11/04/2020 09:23

Isn't that what you must asked? :pI don't use Atmos, but the PS4 supports …Isn't that what you must asked? :pI don't use Atmos, but the PS4 supports it.

I need confirmation off somebody that has seen it and used it you see. That's why I asked again lol because I have read and heard Dolby Atmos works with certain devices and on certain apps TVs before and it actually doesn't

Just as an example the PS4 supports Atmos and Disney+ has Atmos movies but I'm not able to get Atmos watching Disney+ on my PS4 pro
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 11th Apr
efc_4ever11/04/2020 09:25

I need confirmation off somebody that has seen it and used it you see. …I need confirmation off somebody that has seen it and used it you see. That's why I asked again lol because I have read and heard Dolby Atmos works with certain devices and on certain apps TVs before and it actually doesn'tJust as an example the PS4 supports Atmos and Disney+ has Atmos movies but I'm not able to get Atmos watching Disney+ on my PS4 pro

Maybe you'll believe Dolby themselves?

developer.dolby.com/blo…on/
Edited by: "Illusionary" 11th Apr
Illusionary11/04/2020 09:30

Maybe you'll believe Dolby …Maybe you'll believe Dolby themselves?https://developer.dolby.com/blog/enabling-dolby-bitstream-pass-through-on-playstation/

Thanks

Not even purchased a blu ray yet but I just changed the audio settings on my PS4 and my game I'm playing instantly sounds better
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 11th Apr
I always thought it was the other way round, Dolby isn't supported through games but is through Blu Ray on PS4 pro.
Frankie7711/04/2020 09:48

I always thought it was the other way round, Dolby isn't supported through …I always thought it was the other way round, Dolby isn't supported through games but is through Blu Ray on PS4 pro.

I dunno but I did what it said to do in my PS4 settings on that Dolby link and it instantly improved the sound on tomb raider

It was when I changed audio format (priority)
It was set to Linear PCM and I changed it to Bitstream (Dolby)
Maybe some games do then.
Frankie7711/04/2020 09:48

I always thought it was the other way round, Dolby isn't supported through …I always thought it was the other way round, Dolby isn't supported through games but is through Blu Ray on PS4 pro.

Pretty much this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions