Bluboo Maya power issue

0 replies
Found 30th Sep 2016
I decided to take the plunge & buy my first ever cheap chinese phone with the launch of the Bluboo Maya, but the handset has caused as many problems as my old Galaxy s4 (Which I got sick of & terminated the contract early). The Bluboo handset was refusing to perform the latest update & was randomly restarting throughout the day (up to 4 times a day).

Yesterday the phone refused to respond to presses of the power button when attempting to "wake it up" holding the power button had no effect & the only way to get it to work was to pull the battery & restart, this happened half a dozen times during the working day so I flashed the latest update onto the phone. A complete wipe & restore using the latest official rom from needrom.com was completed. Phone appeared to be working fine last night & was fine this morning but in the last half hour has reverted to not waking up, I have tried switching "Intelligent battery saver" off but this makes no difference.

Does anyone else own this handset? Googling the issue brings back fixes which are of no use (make sure the plastic cover has been removed from battery contacts, really??) Do I have a duff handset, or can anyone advise what else to try? Seriously wishing I did not switch back to Android after the issues faced with this handset.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions