Posted 1st Jan 2022
Hello everyone at HUKD and a happy new year.
My parents are looking to take my twin nieces to blue planet aquarium. £66 for the 4 of them as my parents aren’t 65 yet so they can’t get the concessions. It’s a bit pricey so I’m just wonderingif anyone could help out with a discount code at all please.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Groups

17 Comments
  1. Avatar
    You will rarely get discounts for there. I refuse to go there as it’s so pricey and you have to pay for parking. It only takes about 1hr30 to get around as well
  2. Avatar
    How about Sealife at Trafford Centre? Lots of discounts to visit there such Lottery Days Out, Grown Ups Go Free Kellogg’s coupons, 2 for 1 vouchers etc. It’s not too much further and parking is free. There’s also a Legoland Discovery Centre there if your nieces like Lego. They could do both attractions for less than Blue Planet using discounts.
  3. Avatar
    I can’t find any discount codes or promotions, but have look at Reviews on Tripadvisor before buying tickets.
  4. Avatar
    Toptrumpet01/01/2022 15:32

I can’t find any discount codes or promotions, but have look at Reviews on …I can’t find any discount codes or promotions, but have look at Reviews on Tripadvisor before buying tickets.

We visited in end of summer 2020 and had a great time.
    Walked around twice and my 10 month old at the time loved it.
  5. Avatar
    nintendofan1001/01/2022 16:00

We visited in end of summer 2020 and had a great time. Walked around twice …We visited in end of summer 2020 and had a great time. Walked around twice and my 10 month old at the time loved it.

We’ve been a couple of times as well and have enjoyed it too, although I do agree with @ndyanem that it’s pretty pricey for what it is and having to pay for parking on top is a p take considering the ticket cost and location.
  6. Avatar
    ChelseaRae01/01/2022 16:10

We’ve been a couple of times as well and have enjoyed it too, although I d …We’ve been a couple of times as well and have enjoyed it too, although I do agree with @ndyanem that it’s pretty pricey for what it is and having to pay for parking on top is a p take considering the ticket cost and location.

We parked at Chester oaks and walked the 10 minute walk. We live on the south coast in Dorset and try to visit every time we go to Chester (prob every 3-4 years)
    So I can see the argument of it being expensive, as it’s a holiday treat for my family.
  7. Avatar
    nintendofan1001/01/2022 16:17

We parked at Chester oaks and walked the 10 minute walk. We live on the …We parked at Chester oaks and walked the 10 minute walk. We live on the south coast in Dorset and try to visit every time we go to Chester (prob every 3-4 years) So I can see the argument of it being expensive, as it’s a holiday treat for my family.

You have to be careful where you park in Cheshire oaks now. If you park in coliseum or sainsburys/Costa they are time limited now
  8. Avatar
    ndyanem01/01/2022 16:19

You have to be careful where you park in Cheshire oaks now. If you park in …You have to be careful where you park in Cheshire oaks now. If you park in coliseum or sainsburys/Costa they are time limited now

I spoke to a member of staff in Sainsbury’s a few weeks ago at the car park and she was saying how many people were using it as parking for Cheshire Oaks at peak times hence the restricted time now, and there was a parking warden on the Coliseum a few days ago which I’ve not seen before. I’ve noticed cars parked up on the curb outside the aquarium though as there’s no double yellows so it’s another option if really wanting to avoid the parking charge.
  9. Avatar
    ChelseaRae01/01/2022 16:55

I spoke to a member of staff in Sainsbury’s a few weeks ago at the car p …I spoke to a member of staff in Sainsbury’s a few weeks ago at the car park and she was saying how many people were using it as parking for Cheshire Oaks at peak times hence the restricted time now, and there was a parking warden on the Coliseum a few days ago which I’ve not seen before. I’ve noticed cars parked up on the curb outside the aquarium though as there’s no double yellows so it’s another option if really wanting to avoid the parking charge.

Sainsburys as always been restricted but it’s moves further across more car parks now mainly because there not actually associated with the outlet
  10. Avatar
    Not sure if its possible, but, sometimes its worth looking on places like BuyaGift to see what prices you can get from there in regards to admission - especially if they do any cashback offers or discounts at the time

Not sure if its possible, but, sometimes its worth looking on places like BuyaGift to see what prices you can get from there in regards to admission - especially if they do any cash back offers or discounts at the time
    Edited by: "markmc999" 1st Jan
  11. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks everyone for the comments and advice. My nieces have their heart set on blue planet so my parents will still be taking them. Thanks again
  12. Avatar
    ChelseaRae01/01/2022 15:24

How about Sealife at Trafford Centre? Lots of discounts to visit there …How about Sealife at Trafford Centre? Lots of discounts to visit there such Lottery Days Out, Grown Ups Go Free Kellogg’s coupons, 2 for 1 vouchers etc. It’s not too much further and parking is free. There’s also a Legoland Discovery Centre there if your nieces like Lego. They could do both attractions for less than Blue Planet using discounts.

what's the sealife at Trafford Centre like? we went to the lego one many moons ago. it was OK for what it was.
  13. Avatar
    I have been there and was good, short but can go around twice , maybe do a bit of shopping at the outlet tho some prices at outlet can be paying more,
  14. Avatar
    Toptrumpet01/01/2022 15:32

I can’t find any discount codes or promotions, but have look at Reviews on …I can’t find any discount codes or promotions, but have look at Reviews on Tripadvisor before buying tickets.

It's a mixed bag on TripAdvisor, general admission people seem a bit disappointed but the shark diving is a huge hit

Poppyj101/01/2022 18:09

Thanks everyone for the comments and advice. My nieces have their heart …Thanks everyone for the comments and advice. My nieces have their heart set on blue planet so my parents will still be taking them. Thanks again

@Poppyj1 my son did shark diving at Blue Planet and while pricey it was worth every penny for me.

He loves anything shark related and the sea so I've visited quite a few sea life centres as well as The Deep in Hull, all of which I personally found quite underwhelming.

I honestly think Blue Planet is one of the better attractions it has the best underwater tunnels. It isn't huge but non of them are. The talks are engaging and worth going to the aquatheatre.

Hope they a good day out if they have their hearts set on going.
    Edited by: "AEJE" 10 h, 53 m ago
  15. Avatar
    EN1GMA01/01/2022 23:34

what's the sealife at Trafford Centre like? we went to the lego one many …what's the sealife at Trafford Centre like? we went to the lego one many moons ago. it was OK for what it was.

It’s a nice SeaLife, we’ve visited quite a few and tbh we’re yet to be disappointed by them whereas some other aquariums have been a bit underwhelming. I grew up in Devon and took my son to Plymouth aquarium in Summer 2020 and it was nowhere near as good as I’d remembered! If you search Lottery Days Out on here you can get get SeaLife tickets free of charge when purchasing a £2 lotto ticket (you need a separate email address to generate a code for each ticket). You can get free tickets for Legoland Discovery using the same method if you fancy going again. There’s loads more to do around Trafford Centre as well, Total Ninja is good value and can help the kids burn off some energy
  16. Avatar
    ChelseaRae02/01/2022 14:46

It’s a nice SeaLife, we’ve visited quite a few and tbh we’re yet to be disa …It’s a nice SeaLife, we’ve visited quite a few and tbh we’re yet to be disappointed by them whereas some other aquariums have been a bit underwhelming. I grew up in Devon and took my son to Plymouth aquarium in Summer 2020 and it was nowhere near as good as I’d remembered! If you search Lottery Days Out on here you can get get SeaLife tickets free of charge when purchasing a £2 lotto ticket (you need a separate email address to generate a code for each ticket). You can get free tickets for Legoland Discovery using the same method if you fancy going again. There’s loads more to do around Trafford Centre as well, Total Ninja is good value and can help the kids burn off some energy

how long would you say the visit would be, meaning inside the actual sea life. might double up as a trip to the Trafford Centre, go to sea life and also maybe catch a movie
  17. Avatar
    EN1GMA02/01/2022 22:13

how long would you say the visit would be, meaning inside the actual sea …how long would you say the visit would be, meaning inside the actual sea life. might double up as a trip to the Trafford Centre, go to sea life and also maybe catch a movie

I’d say an hour and a half, 2 hours max, though if you read all the information it could stretch it out longer. There’s a small soft play area inside if you have younger children. There’s so much to do in the area you can easily make a whole day of it, personally not a fan of the Odeon at Trafford Centre though, worst one I’ve ever been to! Not sure why they’ve not refitted it and made it a Luxe given how nice Trafford Centre itself is. The mini golf by it is decent though.
Post a comment
Top Merchants