Groups

Blue screen

Banned
    Im not a computer techy not sure what this means

only had the laptop for a few days.

got and unexpected error blue screen load of stuff came up saying it was restarting the computer didn't stay on long enough for me to read fully.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 0000000000000000
    BCP2: 0000000000000002
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: FFFFF80002E0A477
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

13 Comments

Banned

not that blue screens help much

its basically a crash

if you bought the machine brand new, and it keeps doing this, its worth complaining to the company that made or sold it, if within 30 days you may choose to reject itt

blue screen of death does it on xp when doing security update and vista problem with microsofts update google it and see

all else fails take off the battery leave it a while and try again...
    worked on mine when i had a fail....

there can be a problem with faulty motherboard, the best way is to return the computer to the retailer

Original Poster Banned

jubbyme;7891616

not that blue screens help muchits basically a crashif you bought the … not that blue screens help muchits basically a crashif you bought the machine brand new, and it keeps doing this, its worth complaining to the company that made or sold it, if within 30 days you may choose to reject itt

shamus1975;7891644

blue screen of death does it on xp when doing security update and vista … blue screen of death does it on xp when doing security update and vista problem with microsofts update google it and see

arcangel111;7891689

all else fails take off the battery leave it a while and try again... … all else fails take off the battery leave it a while and try again... worked on mine when i had a fail....

piecykoos;7891759

there can be a problem with faulty motherboard, the best way is to return … there can be a problem with faulty motherboard, the best way is to return the computer to the retailer

Thanks

Running windows 7 premium

did a memory diagnostic all seems fine there,

its a sony vaio nw20sf i have

the hard drive gets quite hot where it is located is this normal? ( bottom right side of the mouse pad )

Doing some vaio updates also see if this may be the issue.

Banned

dj_urban;7891813

Thanks Running windows 7 premium did a memory diagnostic all seems … Thanks Running windows 7 premium did a memory diagnostic all seems fine there, its a sony vaio nw20sf i have the hard drive gets quite hot where it is located is this normal? ( bottom right side of the mouse pad.

yes, often the hard drive is the warmest part, as it has no fan to cool it

I wouldnt worry so much, I bought a laptop cooler for my dell which is warm in the same spot, thats 3 years old and still fine

I would keep my eye on the blue screens, as your 30 day option to reject it ends sooner that you might think

first they will get you to reinstall it, there is usually a built in backup to restore it to as new

all this takes time, so I would suggest to not ignore it

The "FFFFF80002E0A477" points to a wifi driver conflict/problem, I'd suggest updating your wifi drivers if possible.

Does it work ok now or does that keep appearing?

Original Poster Banned

shauneco;7891972

The "FFFFF80002E0A477" points to a wifi driver conflict/problem, I'd … The "FFFFF80002E0A477" points to a wifi driver conflict/problem, I'd suggest updating your wifi drivers if possible. Does it work ok now or does that keep appearing?

I did a vaio update seems ok made a recovery disc also

Wonder why the wifi driver was having issues :thinking:

Banned

i read the forum, basically the answer seemed to be, reinstall the system and prevent activex and silverlight from installing

I would reject the system if it keeps bluescreening, have to be quick before your 28 days expires
    by all means, try a reinstall, but fully do windows updates !, then see what happens

if it wont run after all the windows updates, it isnt fit for purpose

Original Poster Banned

Got the blue screen again during the night looks like il need to get a replacement,

Is it from sony i need to do this through or where i bought it from?

Banned

you want to send that back mate.
    Probably where you bought it,m they should deal with it.
    I think by law correct if im wrong, you have to have like a month or 2 months with the place you bought it from, depends on certain policies mind.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks guys,

Got in touch with the place i got it from and sent that one back today getting a replacement by Wednesday

Fingers crossed this one does not ( BSOD )
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions