Blue screen of death and now laptop won’t boot up

Posted 7th Oct
Hi

This morning I had the blue screen of death on my laptop - Lenovo and now when I try boot up I get a message that I cannot boot from any device

I have taken the HDD out and put it it back in again but still no joy

Any pointers.....(mad)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Go into bios and check hard drive is reading, or plug into another computer.
If it is try using your recovery software, or a blank windows iso from Microsoft store and re install.
Might also be a faulty ram. If your have two ram sticks, try taking one out.
Great time to upgrade that hdd to a ssd.....assuming it's the hdd that's faulty.
As it is a laptop check all push connections inside. Quite possible that something has worked loose.
m1keyp1key07/10/2019 13:44

Great time to upgrade that hdd to a ssd.....assuming it's the hdd that's …Great time to upgrade that hdd to a ssd.....assuming it's the hdd that's faulty.

It is an SSD. Bought last year - Integral type. Not had an issue till today and now stuck!!
Make sure it's all connected and boot to bios and check it's showing up in the bios.
m1keyp1key07/10/2019 14:12

Make sure it's all connected and boot to bios and check it's showing up in …Make sure it's all connected and boot to bios and check it's showing up in the bios.

This is what is showing under boot in bios
38621838-U8Qqw.jpg
To me it looks like HDD0 would be your SSD and therefore should be number 1 and not right down the list at 5.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 7th Oct
m1keyp1key07/10/2019 14:26

To me it looks like HDD0 would be your SSD and therefore should be number …To me it looks like HDD0 would be your SSD and therefore should be number 1 and not right down the list at 5.

Thanks. Tried that but no luck. Also noticed a media test failure check cable message.
38621918-0Fp3q.jpg
I assume you only have 1 drive attached to your laptop and that's the sdd.

The only other thing that stands out to me is HDD2 is excluded from boot order.
AdamWalkerGX707/10/2019 14:01

It is an SSD. Bought last year - Integral type. Not had an issue till …It is an SSD. Bought last year - Integral type. Not had an issue till today and now stuck!!

If it's under a year,contact the seller/retailer to have it replaced for 🆓 .
AdamWalkerGX707/10/2019 14:41

Thanks. Tried that but no luck. Also noticed a media test failure check …Thanks. Tried that but no luck. Also noticed a media test failure check cable message.[Image]

"SATAFIRM S11" is an SSD firmware / controller issue. You may be able to find an Integral utility to check / fix. I have used such a utility on a Kingston SSD with same error code as yours. Good luck.
Recovery disk?
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 14:51

"SATAFIRM S11" is an SSD firmware / controller issue. You may be able to …"SATAFIRM S11" is an SSD firmware / controller issue. You may be able to find an Integral utility to check / fix. I have used such a utility on a Kingston SSD with same error code as yours. Good luck.

Yeah I saw that - balls!!

Luckily most stuff I need is on one drive. It’s the pain of going through and setting it all up again!! Grrrrr(devil)
i think the last time i had this it was caused by a virus. have you tried to use a virus removal software?
mutley107/10/2019 19:12

i think the last time i had this it was caused by a virus. have you tried …i think the last time i had this it was caused by a virus. have you tried to use a virus removal software?

I can’t get into windows or boot up at all
Remove your SSD & try connecting it to another system via a USB-type adapter..

Can you read the drive, if so, back up your critical data as it could be a borked Windows installation if you can’t boot from it. Notice the no valid operating system error from your boot device info..

It could be a boot-sector virus as mentioned by someone above, however, this is more unlikely.

Regardless, once you’ve backed up your critical data, wipe the drive a couple of times using a ‘full’ format to ensure its ‘clean’

Re-insert the SSD into your laptop, attempt a Windows re-install..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants