Blue Seiko Alpinist ...

Posted 26th Feb 2019
I really like the Seiko Alpinist and a special edtion blue one is now available from HODINKEE..
But $600 3188719-l7Nvy.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
Looks like it's worth at most £50
£500? No I mean really?
Hope they haven't made more than 2 as they will be sat on the shelf for quite some time
nopartylikeansclubparty26/02/2019 19:24

£500? No I mean really?Hope they haven't made more than 2 as they will be …£500? No I mean really?Hope they haven't made more than 2 as they will be sat on the shelf for quite some time

Sold out in an hour ..
vizta3 m ago

Sold out in an hour ..

Really.... My god some people just have money to chuck away don't they 🤑
looks better than most of the monstrosities the watch 'enthusiasts' seem to like
hour hand is almost a suspicious shape though...
Why is it tied together with string?
brilly26/02/2019 20:35

looks better than most of the monstrosities the watch 'enthusiasts' seem …looks better than most of the monstrosities the watch 'enthusiasts' seem to likehour hand is almost a suspicious shape though...

psychobitchfromhell26/02/2019 20:39

Why is it tied together with string?

Wongy11026/02/2019 20:42

[Video]

I'll be the moldy old dough, you be the dirty old man. We'll live happily ever after.
psychobitchfromhell26/02/2019 20:53

I'll be the moldy old dough, you be the dirty old man. We'll live happily …I'll be the moldy old dough, you be the dirty old man. We'll live happily ever after.

Now we are talking

Wongy11026/02/2019 20:56

Now we are talking [Video]

All of a sudden I'm 18 again.
Wongy11026/02/2019 21:04

[Video]

iconic song of my schooldays.
Wongy11026/02/2019 21:09

but we have totally disrailed the thread

oh ok. OP, I don't like the watch. It's ugly. Mind you I've had my watch for 14 years now so what do I know?
psychobitchfromhell26/02/2019 21:12

oh ok. OP, I don't like the watch. It's ugly. Mind you I've had my watch …oh ok. OP, I don't like the watch. It's ugly. Mind you I've had my watch for 14 years now so what do I know?

Don't really get why you need one at all

just a fashion thing imo.
Wongy11026/02/2019 21:15

Don't really get why you need one at alljust a fashion thing imo.

Can't get a sundial on your wrist then
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

Can't get a sundial on your wrist then

Well i could !

as it is have a phone with the time on(and a cycle 'computer')

And most places have a clock anyway

and the ones that don't i am not that bothered about what time it is

I would prefer a Blue Alpinist (btw, it's US only - though some say that Hodinkee don't have the full amount of the 1,959 pieces available, and Seiko Boutiques may have the rest?) - so I compromise by putting mine on a Blue strap

Maybe international customers will get a chance but they're on ebay for silly money already, unfortunately.
"Someone on Facebook" says they got two SPB089s - one with a Matte Dial and one with a Sunburst dial, wonder what's going on there (maybe one is an error and may be even more rare, or FAKE NEWS* - who knows).

Here's a watch lover/skint person/scalper (depending on your opinion) offering theirs for $1100 mywatchmart.com/lis…st/

Another says they have two, but selling one for $1195 mywatchmart.com/lis…90/

Here's a new, but already growing, thread about the SPB089 on Watchuseek.
*The WUSer jmai actually says,
Hodinkee's photos are actually spot on accurate. The blue dial has a VERY muted sunray finish that really only goes nuts in direct sunlight (today is another overcast day, so no photos of that yet). In most situations, the blue presents itself more as a rich matte finish, almost satin-metallic like in sheen. The tone ranges from a rich deep navy to almost a powdery dark blue. This is a very dynamic blue, and really needs to be seen in person to judge and appreciate. The silver indices are well done, and suit the blue well.
37168454-vgLOv.jpg
Edited by: "louiselouise" 1st Mar 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants