Blue Super Slim PS3 Cech-4003C (How do I find hard drive size for certain?)

Found 3rd Sep 2015
Trying to find for certain the size of the hard drive in this PS3. The model number, colour and Superslim seems to say it is a 500GB model. But I have formatted it and it shows 97 GB / 111GB.

Can anyone confirm the hard drive size from the model and storage above? My guess by that storage is 120GB, but I can't find any models that were released with 120GB of this style PS3.

7 Comments

is it 2nd hand? (maybe a 120gb drive was put in before you bought it)

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

is it 2nd hand? (maybe a 120gb drive was put in before you bought it)

Warranty sticker is still in place, do you need to remove that to change the hard drive on the Super Slims?

The Super slim came in 12GB, 250GB and 500GB versions. Yours should be the 500GB model. You don't need to remove the sticker to change hard drive, you just slide off the panel on one side of the PS3. unscrew the Blue screw and lift out the hard drive. You could do this yourself and see exactly what hard drive is in there, sounds like it's been swapped out for a 120GB hard drive. Here's a tutorial:

youtube.com/wat…kIM

Original Poster

Thanks guys, I will have a look.

NEtech

Warranty sticker is still in place, do you need to remove that to change … Warranty sticker is still in place, do you need to remove that to change the hard drive on the Super Slims?

​No the warranty sticker would be untouched.Its usually broken when you open the console to change fans or boards etc. Sony freely allow you to change hard drives and even provide guides and firmware to do so. I have changed several drives on phat and slim PS3's and 2 PS4's and warranty stickers have always been left intact.

The blue screw may also be marked if it has been removed before.

Original Poster

Checked earlier and it has a Fujitsu 120gb drive in it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions