Groups

Blues v Villa

Second city derby tonight, 7.45pm ko at St Andrews, League Cup QF.

First match under the floodlights since 2002 and the famous enckleman incident.

I havn't looked forward to a match so much for years.

The atmospshere in 2002 was incredible and hoping for more of the same tonight even in freezing conditions !!!

Going for a 2-1 blues win.

33 Comments

I fear you may be right smithy, Villa are decimated by injuries atm. Without Bannan, Albrighton, Petrov Reo Coker etc we have very little in midfiled and if your thorn Agbonlahor also misses it I can't see us getting much out of this game tbh. Blues are fairly strong at home and catching us in a very vulnerable situation. But then again it's a derby and as in previous years form means nothing.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 1st Dec 2010

3-1 to birmingham I think

KRO

Original Poster

greg_68

I fear you may be right smithy, Villa are decimated by injuries atm. … I fear you may be right smithy, Villa are decimated by injuries atm. Without Bannan, Albrighton, Petrov Reo Coker etc we have very little in midfiled and if your thorn Agbonlahor also misses it I can't see us getting much out of this game tbh. Blues are fairly strong at home and catching us in a very vulnerable situation. But then again it's a derby and as in previous years form means nothing.

Albrighton is a miss, he has looked a decent player when i have seen him this season.

Gabby is always a threat, even if he is no where near fit, he always scores against us, normally late on !!

Sounds like Hleb will miss out and Gardner will have a late fitness test today.

The games are normally pretty crap to be honest but it's the build up, leaving work early, travelling to the game, walking to the ground and the atmosphere once in ...... can't beat it !!

Also, the potential of playing west ham, ipswich or baggies in the semis should be a huge motivation to win !

Original Poster

Confirmed sell out ..... here we go .....

Banned

3-1 Burminhum

Original Poster

guv

3-1 Burminhum

enjoying your season so far Guv?

Banned

smithyp1

enjoying your season so far Guv?

Its not been too shoddy... Plenty of ups.... just a shame about the few downs you dont expect, plus of course referee assistance! Happy we didnt embarrass ourselves by staying in the Carling Cup! X)

Original Poster

guv

Its not been too shoddy... Plenty of ups.... just a shame about the few … Its not been too shoddy... Plenty of ups.... just a shame about the few downs you dont expect, plus of course referee assistance! Happy we didnt embarrass ourselves by staying in the Carling Cup! X)

Obviously have more important things to concentrate on then the carling cup these days ...!! lol

blues win kro

Is it on tv?

Yes

guv

Its not been too shoddy... Plenty of ups.... just a shame about the few … Its not been too shoddy... Plenty of ups.... just a shame about the few downs you dont expect, plus of course referee assistance! Happy we didnt embarrass ourselves by staying in the Carling Cup! X)

Some teams have the squad to stay competing in all 4 competitions

Hopefully it will be a good match tonight, not sure who I'd want to progress, both are tough to beat at home.

Original Poster

greenmachine12

Is it on tv?

ssp1 and hd from 7.30pm.

smithyp1

ssp1 and hd from 7.30pm.

Gives me something to watch then, hope there are some proper derby game tackle and a few red cards.

Original Poster

greenmachine12

Gives me something to watch then, hope there are some proper derby game … Gives me something to watch then, hope there are some proper derby game tackle and a few red cards.

if reo-coker and gardner both play then you might see a red card or two .....

I'm going to have a flutter on 0-0. Two good keepers, 2 good defences and 2 very average attacks.

Therefore expect a goal feast.

Birmingham City 2.54
    draw 3.30
    Aston Villa 3.24

Original Poster

greg_68

I'm going to have a flutter on 0-0. Two good keepers, 2 good defences and … I'm going to have a flutter on 0-0. Two good keepers, 2 good defences and 2 very average attacks.Therefore expect a goal feast.Birmingham City 2.54draw 3.30Aston Villa 3.24

extra time result or down to pens ?...... hope it doesn't go to pens again like the last round ... !

^^ it will be the 90 minute score at the bookies won't it? One of the reasons I don't like betting on the cup.

The match will be won in midfield tonight IMO, where Blues currently have the upper hand I feel, depends who is up for it though and who will be the girls blouses in snoods and gloves. Bet Bowyer doesn't wear a snood (but would love it if he did). Young and Gabby sure too!

Edited by: "greg_68" 1st Dec 2010

Original Poster

greg_68

^^ it will be the 90 minute score at the bookies won't it? One of the … ^^ it will be the 90 minute score at the bookies won't it? One of the reasons I don't like betting on the cup.The match will be won in midfield tonight IMO, where Blues currently have the upper hand I feel, depends who is up for it though and who will be the girls blouses in snoods and gloves. Bet Bowyer doesn't wear a snood (but would love it if he did). Young and Gabby sure too!

Totally agree, i think it will be who is most up for it and not bottling it in these freezing conditions who will win.

The pace of villa on the break is what worries me the most though.

Right, off home to start putting the layers on .....snow is falling heavier now, it's minus degrees, what better way to spend a wednesday night than at the brummie derby.

Come on you blue boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ good luck and enjoy it, wish I was in the other end giving you some verbal.

Original Poster

greg_68

^^ good luck and enjoy it, wish I was in the other end giving you some … ^^ good luck and enjoy it, wish I was in the other end giving you some verbal.

You can save the verbal for tomorrow .....

SOTV

Villa fans apparently doing a snow dance outside St Andrews, trying to get the game postponed... as a P - P is the best result they can expect tonight.

1-0 the Blues (villa keeper blunder of the decade, hopefully)
    Edited by: "scoff" 1st Dec 2010

Bit more confident now seeing the Villa line up, as strong as it's going to be these days.

Hope it's a ding dong as Tom Ross would say.

Just hope the winner of this tie gets Arsenal in the semis

Banned

1-0 brum

Banned

Perfectly good goal disallowed there for Brum. Linesman needs to learn the offside rule!

And as often happens, Villa go up the other end and score. 1-1

Edited by: "guv" 1st Dec 2010

Dunne's havin a mare at the back.

Banned

Jeez, how did Hogg not get a card for that!

Mickey mouse cup anyway, we can concentrate on getting in the ECL now.

greg_68

Yes & you can be happy Birmingham will get no further

Original Poster

Not long been back, great result, fantastic atmosphere and fairly happy with the hammers in the semis.

Typical morons spoil it again though.

SOTV

Banned

greg_68

Yup... I think you are concentrating on the English Championship League quite well.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions