Bluetooth - 58plate Astra SRI advice

Found 15th Apr
Any advice on best (and cheapest) way to get Bluetooth fitted to a 58plate Astra SRI without having to swap out the original double din head unit?

Would be for both phone and music.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Check aldi, they had a DAB unit and Bluetooth with aux out cable (only good if your current stereo has aux in ) for £39
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 15th Apr
Seems to no longer be available.
You can get Bluetooth radio transmitter, something like this: amazon.co.uk/dp/…1_1
I got one of These obviously it will only connect to your head unit if youve got an aux in
Edited by: "ding" 15th Apr
Oh, both nice finds.

I'll whip out the unit to see if it has an aux in.

Thanks.
Gandalfbaggins1 h, 15 m ago

Seems to no longer be available.

Saw one yesterday so some stores may still have them
Gandalfbaggins1 h, 53 m ago

Oh, both nice finds.I'll whip out the unit to see if it has an aux in. …Oh, both nice finds.I'll whip out the unit to see if it has an aux in. Thanks.

When we say aux in we mean 3.5mm jack plug
Gandalfbaggins5 h, 4 m ago

Oh, both nice finds.I'll whip out the unit to see if it has an aux in. …Oh, both nice finds.I'll whip out the unit to see if it has an aux in. Thanks.

The aux in on my old 09 Corsa was by the two cup holders by the gearstick under the stereo
If you have aux in, then buy a jabra handsfree car kit. Plugs into cigarette lighter and aux in and can be put on the dash.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 15th Apr
Also reading online I think it matters what head unit is in there if a CD30 with 9 presets then it’ll have aux in
Thanks for replies.

I took out the head unit and no aux in (nor one by the handbrake or glove box) so ended up buying something similar above from Halfrauds for £40 for a quick solution.
halfords.com/tec…kit

Aux lead straight to his phone and Voilà - hands free.

This was for my son's car who just passed his test, and like all parents, I was worried out him using his phone whilst driving.

He's got his heart now set on a completely new double dinn head unit, but for now, this will do.

Have to say though, I am impressed by quality of sound.
Edited by: "Gandalfbaggins" 16th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants