Groups

Bluetooth for ipod touch?

Does anyway know of a way of getting bluetooth on the touch ie. application or dongle any reccomendations, thanks

8 Comments

Apparently there is bluetooth on the ipod touch 2nd gen (if that's the one you have) and you will be able to use it after iphone OS3 comes out although you have to pay $9.99 for the upgrade.

Edit: engadget.com/200…os/

Original Poster

robster113;4906319

Apparently there is bluetooth on the ipod touch 2nd gen (if that's the … Apparently there is bluetooth on the ipod touch 2nd gen (if that's the one you have) and you will be able to use it after iphone OS3 comes out although you have to pay $9.99 for the upgrade.

Cheers for reply
    £10 seems fair about same price as a dongle with less hassle and yeah i have 2nd gen.Do you know when OS3 comes out?

Sometime this summer. It's already out as a beta for developers so shouldn't be too far away. I don't think a dongle would have been possible anyway.

Original Poster

robster113;4906470

Sometime this summer. It's already out as a beta for developers so … Sometime this summer. It's already out as a beta for developers so shouldn't be too far away. I don't think a dongle would have been possible anyway.

ahh right cheers, and you can get dongles sony ones for wireless headphones dont know what other functions the dongle works with though

Original Poster

chris_corbett;4906915

You'll be able too get the upgrade for free from somewhere though … You'll be able too get the upgrade for free from somewhere though :)Somebody will post it on the internet and you can just download it, only thing is you'll have to restore your ipod Thats what I did for the 2.0 upgrade, and it worked fine,And like itunes is fine with it all

Cool although unless i can find a programme that will back up all my songs and playlists i'll probally just pay for it as last time i tried to back up my ipod it wiped loads of songs, you dont know of a good programme do you?

Original Poster

chris_corbett;4908179

Can't think of one of the top of my head,Do you not have them on itunes … Can't think of one of the top of my head,Do you not have them on itunes though?Cause you dont have to wipe thatJust the ipod and then re sync

I don't keep them on itunes library unfortunatly
    dcx_badass;4908264

You can get the upgrade already for like £2 from ebay.

Cheers for the info
    Although I don't know wether id trust that to be honest, and it can probably had free somewhere

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4909817

Well a itunes developer account can have 100 devices added to it, so … Well a itunes developer account can have 100 devices added to it, so developers are selling slots on ebay. Then when it's added next time you plug it into itunes it will update through that.

Ahh right, can't seem to find it on ebay any chance you could get me an item number :oops:

Thanks for all you're advice

Do bluetooth ear phone work with laptops or just mobile phones ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share715
      2. word association Game73944490
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929

See more discussions