Groups

Bluetooth help!

I've just bought a bluetooth dongle so I can connect to my mobile and send pictures etc. It's all set up but when I try to connect it keeps failing. Anyone know why this is?

Many thanks!

16 Comments

Banned

have you paired it or whatever its called

Original Poster

Yeah, I've set the a digit code on my laptop and phone but they just won't connect.

Banned

is it one of those cheap ones from dx or the likes, could you give a little more info on what you have done and what happens

Banned

basically you have to instal the drivers / software for the unit, then you have to turn the bluetooth devices on..ie the dongle and the mobile phones b/tooth.
    Then after you have done this, you need to pair them and then send the files from the phone to the pc or vice versa

are the devices seeing each other?

Original Poster

It'a a Trust BT-2400P. I've installed the set up dc and followed the instructions. It asked me to set password which I did, the same for LT and phone. After it said, installation complete I tried to connect and it just says it's unable to.

Banned

turn everything off, and close down, then restart again, i had this with my cheapo dongle, and cant remember how i sorted it

Original Poster

Yes, my phone says 'connecting pc' and my lt says connectinf 'phone'. Phone then says 'check bluetooth settings on other device: bt on, device visible, device in range.

Banned

try it other way round, and try from comp to phone, this is the way i had probs from phone to comp, yet comp to phone was fine, dont know what i did but both ways ok now

Original Poster

Turned both off and on and tried connecting from lt to phone. Just says no files to transfer. I hate technology!!!

Banned

so it finds your phone, but when you click it nothing happens

I know this is gonna sound stupid but do not keep the 2 devices too close to each other as bluetooth does not like the signal to be too good.

also try with another phone as some are just not that compatible. (to help diagnose problem)

Try to transfer other types of files than what you are trying to tx.

Banned

Are the files you want to transfer in the right folder on your phone?

Original Poster

I don't know what I've done but it's working! Thank you all for your help. Rep is on it's way. Not via bluetooth though! X.

Banned

Banana79;4745210

I don't know what I've done but it's working! Thank you all for your … I don't know what I've done but it's working! Thank you all for your help. Rep is on it's way. Not via bluetooth though! X.

they are very tempramental things, glad you sorted it anyway

Original Poster

Thank you, you are all stars!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047074
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767159
      3. Anyone want a Jack Wills single use 20% off £60 and/or £10 off £60 code?11
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214455

See more discussions