Groups

bluetooth or hdmi turntable

Basically I have a soundbar and it has bluetooth on it. Will that connect to a bluetooth turntable? Like do you think there's anyway they might not work together?
    Or could I connect a turntable via hdmi to the tv?

7 Comments

Never heard of a HDMI TurnTable, but then I have never heard of a BlueTooth one either.

The most hi-tech I have come across is one with a USB output.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Never heard of a HDMI TurnTable, but then I have never heard of a … Never heard of a HDMI TurnTable, but then I have never heard of a BlueTooth one either.The most hi-tech I have come across is one with a USB output.

They do exist I sware

DaRkHOTUK

They do exist I sware

Its not one of these £49.99 boxes I keep seeing voted hot is it?? Because the sound quality will be awful.

Original Poster

hmm dunno anything bout that.. but
    I've looked at this..

m.clasohlson.com/uk/…Mjw

as for the sound quality.. thats a good point i guess didn't really think of it as bt to my soundbar should be great but how it reads the vinyl will surely make a difference

You can plug any turntable into the telly but the turntable would have to have a preamp built in otherwise you would need a seperate preamp.

HDMI could be used but I'm sure you would have a component \ PC \ aux input on the TV. Anything that has a red and white phono\RCA input.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/9/95320/1702305-tv_audio___rca_jacks.jpg

Sorry to disillusion you, Ion make tat, not Hifi.

Build quality will be poor, aound quality even worse, plus the cheap and nasty pick-up will damage the record surface.

The same it true for all of the cheap, sub £100 TTs.

Project and Rega do USB output jobs, £150-£300 is not cheap, but you get decent sound quality, there might be others.
    Save enough to buy one of these and it will last you 10-20 years, if you dont get the upgrade bug.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Sorry to disillusion you, Ion make tat, not Hifi.Build quality will be … Sorry to disillusion you, Ion make tat, not Hifi.Build quality will be poor, aound quality even worse, plus the cheap and nasty pick-up will damage the record surface.The same it true for all of the cheap, sub £100 TTs.Project and Rega do USB output jobs, £150-£300 is not cheap, but you get decent sound quality, there might be others.Save enough to buy one of these and it will last you 10-20 years, if you dont get the upgrade bug.

lol I was guessing they weren't guna be too good as I've not heard of them. the problem im having is really I cant use a usb TT anymore.
    I still have one but nothing to connect it too lol

new Idea tho.. what you think about a usb bluetooth dongle that can send from the usb TT?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767258
      2. word association Game73944482
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370
      4. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214

See more discussions