Groups

Bluetooth Printer help

Ok guys, need some technical help.

I have a HP Photosmart 2575 which has wireless printing option.

After over a year of non wireless printing I finally threw the box away and that's when I noticed it also had Bluetooth option!

I knew it had ethernet option and I could connect a cable from printer to wireless router but as the only ethernet cable I had was only about a metre long I haven't bothered as it's not feasible to have the printer near to the router.

So it's the Bluetooth option I need advice on.
    I have a bluetooth dongle which I use on my laptop to send stuff over to my phone etc can I buy another one of these for the printer?
    The actual proper adapter ( HP BT300) is about £20 but the dongles are less than a fiver, does anyone know if it would work or do I need the proper adapter?

Thanks in advance.

5 Comments

Amazon lists it as a ]print server, if that is the case then a normal bluetooth dongle won't work.

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, have some rep.

I've just plugged my normal bluetooth dongle into the printer and my phone paired with it and it let me print from my phone so I think that means it should work if I just buy one of the £3 mini dongles from DealExtreme.

Unless anyone knows otherwise.

Den38;3034209

Thanks for the reply, have some rep.I've just plugged my normal bluetooth … Thanks for the reply, have some rep.I've just plugged my normal bluetooth dongle into the printer and my phone paired with it and it let me print from my phone so I think that means it should work if I just buy one of the £3 mini dongles from DealExtreme.Unless anyone knows otherwise.

As long as you still have the printer drivers and CDs it will work with the dongles from DealExtreme.

Original Poster

Spriggan;3034237

As long as you still have the printer drivers and CDs it will work with … As long as you still have the printer drivers and CDs it will work with the dongles from DealExtreme.

I do still have the cd etc, thanks for your added input, I will buy one of the cheap dongles from DE, have some rep.

Den38;3034209

I've just plugged my normal bluetooth dongle into the printer and my … I've just plugged my normal bluetooth dongle into the printer and my phone paired with it and it let me print from my phone so I think that means it should work if I just buy one of the £3 mini dongles from DealExtreme.

Should work fine then (or you can keep that dongle in the printer and use the DXE dongle in your PC), looks like amazon was wrong again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions