Found 24th Jun 2008
I am after a way to get my photos etc from my phone to my laptop. I beleive you can get a bluetooth device that goes into the USB port? I've seen a few of these on DealExtreme, but don't really know one from the other.

Can anyone help find any cheap ones, and explain the differences between them?



I think what you're after is a dongle. Got mine a few years back for about a tenner off Ebay. I'm sure you'll get them cheaper now though. You won't need to worry about the range it has if its just for bluetoothing your pics from your phone.

you cant beat a USB CABLE


you cant beat a USB CABLE

You can - a dongle

Original Poster

Thanks guys!

i have a spare one if you cover postage, that said i suspect the one's from DealExtreme are probly cheaper thabn UK postage, fairly ironic really


you cant beat a USB CABLE

and if your mobile phone manufacturer doesnt provide one and make it non-standard, then you pay thru' the nose for a cable that you cant reuse once the phone has met its maker...

that said, b/t can be sooooo slow, and unreliable
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769410
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3283
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807

    See more discussions