Bluray player advice - loud vibrations

Found 7th Jan 2013
Morning all!

I have a Sony bdp360 bluray player and finally started watching my fringe Boxset. I was about 4 episodes in when a very loud vibration type noise started coming from the player.

It's not there when I start the machine just when u start watching.

I read on another forum that it might be due to sitting on a glass tv stand but I've never had this before.

The player has only been used a dozen times since I've had it (2/3 years) as I was using my ps3 before

Any ideas or tips?
Community Updates
5 Comments
my ps3 did that on my glass table, I put a cheapo mouse Mat under it and it was much better, now got the foam circles you get one in each corner ,
I had also experienced something similar but it was due to my laser mechanism going berzerk. Could be that or disc spindle motor? Just make sure your discs aren't getting chewed up
Original Poster
enemyofsauron

my ps3 did that on my glass table, I put a cheapo mouse Mat under it and … my ps3 did that on my glass table, I put a cheapo mouse Mat under it and it was much better, now got the foam circles you get one in each corner ,

Ill give that ago, cheers

abch4

I had also experienced something similar but it was due to my laser … I had also experienced something similar but it was due to my laser mechanism going berzerk. Could be that or disc spindle motor? Just make sure your discs aren't getting chewed up

Ive checked my discs and they are fine, not a mark.. Cheers for the warning thou
It's probably just an off balanced disk. Try putting some small bits of foam or something under the rubber feet and that will probably stop the noise.

Make sure also you haven't got any stickers on the disks. (unlikly but just saying as that can cause disks to be unbalanced).

enemyofsauron

my ps3 did that on my glass table, I put a cheapo mouse Mat under it and … my ps3 did that on my glass table, I put a cheapo mouse Mat under it and it was much better, now got the foam circles you get one in each corner ,

abch4

I had also experienced something similar but it was due to my laser … I had also experienced something similar but it was due to my laser mechanism going berzerk. Could be that or disc spindle motor? Just make sure your discs aren't getting chewed up

CyDoNiA

It's probably just an off balanced disk. Try putting some small bits of … It's probably just an off balanced disk. Try putting some small bits of foam or something under the rubber feet and that will probably stop the noise.Make sure also you haven't got any stickers on the disks. (unlikly but just saying as that can cause disks to be unbalanced).

Under or over out of spec 12 cm discs may produce resonance and as above stickers can also produce the very same thing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants