Groups

Bluray Prices

How long do you think we will have to wait until we see the likes of play, hmv, amazon selling older bluray titles at prices like £2.99 / £4.99 e.c.t. - in other words DVD prices.

The cheapest i've seen them are around £10-£11 mark.

OK it's a new thing - but the prices of DVD's now a days come down in a matter of months. Films not even a year old can now be bought on DVD for as low as 3 quid.

6 Comments

Probably a while yet for great prices, though I bet that there'll be a couple of cheapos out soon enough. Best bet is to get yours from the states at the mo.

I got 2001 a space odyssey on bluray for £9 - delivered via amazon.com. Orders under £18 stay under the customs rules and regs(I think).

Just make sure you research each bluray so that the region coding won't bite you.

Original Poster

robtallica;3038457

Probably a while yet for great prices, though I bet that there'll be a … Probably a while yet for great prices, though I bet that there'll be a couple of cheapos out soon enough. Best bet is to get yours from the states at the mo.I got 2001 a space odyssey on bluray for £9 - delivered via amazon.com. Orders under £18 stay under the customs rules and regs(I think).Just make sure you research each bluray so that the region coding won't bite you.

I've not gone bluray yet, I'm holding out until the prices of the players and titles drop.

I've gone through my dvds and here are the ones I would buy again on bluray:

Bad Boys 1 & 2
    Nightmare On Elm Street
    Back To The Future 1,2,3
    The Exorcist
    Robocop
    Terminator 1, 2
    Gone In Sixty Seconds
    Independence Day

Just to name a few.

I think a few of them are already out on bluray, but hopefully by the time I change over they will be dirt cheap.

I got The Terminator 2 on Blu-Ray disk for £5 + £1 p&p I couldn't believe it. It took a while to arrive, was reign free and didn't have any extras. But was all worth it. I got it from axelmusic website but I think they have put the price back up. I found the Blu-ray on this website.

As soon as they come up with another DVD format they can rob us I mean charge us £12 a time for.

snowtiger;3038656

As soon as they come up with another DVD format they can rob us I mean … As soon as they come up with another DVD format they can rob us I mean charge us £12 a time for.

yeah i bet its called bluray plus or something like that!:-D

well dvds took like 10 years to come down in price, so dont hold your breadth.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …248811
      2. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE22
      3. Denon AVRX 2400H @ Peter Tyson £399.9934
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764555

See more discussions