B&M app barcode feature.

Found 29th Mar
I heard about this a while ago so thought I would share for those who don’t know.

As we know B&M deals can be a bit hit and miss but they are known for reducing stuff without the labels being changed.

I know some people can be a little embarrassed taking items to the till for them to check. If you download the b&m app on your phone and click on the search feature and allow access to your phones camera feature you can scan the barcodes of products to check the price. This obviously uses your data allowance if WiFi isn’t available.

I haven’t used it myself so can’t comment on how good it is but I have seen many comments of it working well so may be worth a try next time you’re chasing that bargain etc.
Community Updates
Top comments
Brace yourself for a real ninja-level tip...

Anything you fancy that have red shelf edge labels, take photos of the barcodes, then go home and print them all out on one sheet. Alternatively create your own fresh barcodes using a website if you want to save on ink.

Early on a Wednesday morning before B&M opens, use the B&M app to scan every barcode on your sheet to see if the price has dropped. If it has, be there as early as possible.

The staff here hate me
17 Comments
Precisely why I use the 'scan and shop' at Tesco - it also tells you if it's a multi buy.
Original Poster
mrty10 m ago

Precisely why I use the 'scan and shop' at Tesco - it also tells you if …Precisely why I use the 'scan and shop' at Tesco - it also tells you if it's a multi buy.

mrty10 m ago

Precisely why I use the 'scan and shop' at Tesco - it also tells you if …Precisely why I use the 'scan and shop' at Tesco - it also tells you if it's a multi buy.

I use that too. Comes in handy and it’s a bonus when something scans cheaper.
I went in a B&M for the first time today wasn't impressed many things had no price on them, the place looked like a pound shop but everything was about 15p more then supermarket prices (the things that had prices on em). They had a watch I got in a pound shop for £2.99 the exact same one.

Don't know what people see in em they seem worse then pound stretcher.
Original Poster
Segata-Sanshiro3 m ago

I went in a B&M for the first time today wasn't impressed many things had …I went in a B&M for the first time today wasn't impressed many things had no price on them, the place looked like a pound shop but everything was about 15p more then supermarket prices (the things that had prices on em). They had a watch I got in a pound shop for £2.99 the exact same one.Don't know what people see in em they seem worse then pound stretcher.

It’s the same in my local, often don’t have the prices up and it can be a bit cluttered. Some things are cheaper of course but like Poundland you can get some items cheaper elsewhere as you say so it pays to be aware.
Brace yourself for a real ninja-level tip...

Anything you fancy that have red shelf edge labels, take photos of the barcodes, then go home and print them all out on one sheet. Alternatively create your own fresh barcodes using a website if you want to save on ink.

Early on a Wednesday morning before B&M opens, use the B&M app to scan every barcode on your sheet to see if the price has dropped. If it has, be there as early as possible.

The staff here hate me
Original Poster
Rubisco4 m ago

Brace yourself for a real ninja-level tip... Anything you fancy …Brace yourself for a real ninja-level tip... Anything you fancy that have red shelf edge labels, take photos of the barcodes, then go home and print them all out on one sheet. Alternatively create your own fresh barcodes using a website if you want to save on ink.Early on a Wednesday morning before B&M opens, use the B&M app to scan every barcode on your sheet to see if the price has dropped. If it has, be there as early as possible.The staff here hate me

Brilliant I’m surprised they have banned you
MiniMissyMoo12 m ago

Brilliant I’m surprised they have banned you

I'm seriously considering banning myself so I can try to get my spare room back
Original Poster
Rubisco32 m ago

I'm seriously considering banning myself so I can try to get my spare room …I'm seriously considering banning myself so I can try to get my spare room back

lol. Just realised I put have instead of haven’t but you got what I meant. Some of the discounts are fab though aren’t they. Everyone loves a bargain
My local b&m is more like a Disco, music blaring out you can't talk to someone standing next to you.
Original Poster
splatsplatsplat3 m ago

My local b&m is more like a Disco, music blaring out you can't talk to …My local b&m is more like a Disco, music blaring out you can't talk to someone standing next to you.

It’s like that when you walk into my local Tesco. They have a cd player near the entrance sat on a shelf. It’s so loud. I don’t think my local b&m plays music though, well I haven’t noticed anyway.
splatsplatsplat2 h, 26 m ago

My local b&m is more like a Disco, music blaring out you can't talk to …My local b&m is more like a Disco, music blaring out you can't talk to someone standing next to you.

The music is the best thing about the place!

My local b&m is massive I've used this scan system on loads of things and picked up real bargains for £1 like curtains or quilt sets a small desk other people i have seen get massive xmas stock for £1 too.
Thats a great tip thanks for sharing.

In comparison there's home bargains which can't even price check at the tills. I mean why? Why would they not let you price check. For this reason alone i don't bother picking up half the stuff i wanted. A manager has to override the product at the till, it makes no business sense at all.
Rubisco16 h, 14 m ago

Brace yourself for a real ninja-level tip... Anything you fancy …Brace yourself for a real ninja-level tip... Anything you fancy that have red shelf edge labels, take photos of the barcodes, then go home and print them all out on one sheet. Alternatively create your own fresh barcodes using a website if you want to save on ink.Early on a Wednesday morning before B&M opens, use the B&M app to scan every barcode on your sheet to see if the price has dropped. If it has, be there as early as possible.The staff here hate me

Woah woah woah! Professional ninja skills there! Well done sir/madam! Bravo!
MiniMissyMoo15 h, 21 m ago

It’s like that when you walk into my local Tesco. They have a cd player n …It’s like that when you walk into my local Tesco. They have a cd player near the entrance sat on a shelf. It’s so loud. I don’t think my local b&m plays music though, well I haven’t noticed anyway.

Don't have music in my local either. Just watched that I don't miss you song linked above. I'd love it if they played that song!
Original Poster
adhkarzf3 h, 41 m ago

Thats a great tip thanks for sharing. In comparison there's home bargains …Thats a great tip thanks for sharing. In comparison there's home bargains which can't even price check at the tills. I mean why? Why would they not let you price check. For this reason alone i don't bother picking up half the stuff i wanted. A manager has to override the product at the till, it makes no business sense at all.

You’re welcome. What a nuisance. I didn’t know this about Home Bargains as I’ve never had to price check anything.
Original Poster
LeahsMintytoutou3 h, 29 m ago

Don't have music in my local either. Just watched that I don't miss you …Don't have music in my local either. Just watched that I don't miss you song linked above. I'd love it if they played that song!

I have never heard those songs before. The only problem I have with shops playing music is that sometimes you just want to dance and sing along which wouldn’t be a good look for me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants