BMW 3 Series or Mondeo Titanium????

Found 23rd Dec 2012
This is driving me mad!
I have about £4-5000 to spend on a used car. I've always liked the BMW 3 Series but I also like the newer shape Mondeo.
From shopping around, it seems for the money I can either have the BMW up to an 04 plate or the Mondeo up to about an 07/08 plate.

BMW seems classier but a boring interior. The Mondeo more common but spacious and loaded with gadgets!

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Community Updates
MiscBMW
57 Comments
Beamer
Mondeo.
1-1!!!!
Beamdeo.
I would go for a newer car irrespective of the make.. so Mondeo
Edited by: "saayinla" 23rd Dec 2012
Punto
Honda
Mondeo. Probably get a quite new, relatively low mileage one for that.
3 series is probably more common than the Mondeo.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/ford_mondeo

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/bmw_3_series

Appears I was correct

Edited by: "unquestioned" 23rd Dec 2012
2 seater sports car with no boot...Very practical.....If not the Mondeo, beamers have no gadgets and its old
Edited by: "gr8h8me" 23rd Dec 2012
BMW will hold its value better
The 08 Mondeo is absolutely enormous! I do like it but the snobbier side keeps pushing me to the Beamer!
I can't decide!
Would the BMW cost a fortune to repair??? :-s

04/08 plate Are you having a laugh?
harveymac

Would the BMW cost a fortune to repair??? :-s

only if it goes wrong... you'll also save fuel as no one will let you out of a junction.

transit

04/08 plate Are you having a laugh?

nope
The running costs will be cheaper for the mondeo. What's the mpg/tax compare like?
BMW over Ford anyday but 2004 is far too old and trust me, the BMW will most likely break down and the bill will be huge. Best to go with the Mondeo as Ford have never broke down in my family.

Japanese cars are the way to go.
Have you looked at the Skoda octavia? Good engines, more value for money. Think I'm looking at the octavia estate for our next car
Kia Optima

Seat Exeo
Which 3 series are you looking for? Diesel?
You can pick up top spec Signum's for next to nowt aswell - well worth a look

autotrader.co.uk/sea…e/2
Edited by: "v5535" 23rd Dec 2012
kcnw9

Which 3 series are you looking for? Diesel?

Yes. I'll be doing a lot of miles for work in the new year so it has to be diesel

v5535

You can pick up top spec Signum's for next to nowt aswell - well worth a … You can pick up top spec Signum's for next to nowt aswell - well worth a lookhttp://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/vauxhall/signum/postcode/hg11te/radius/1500/sort/default/seller-type/private_adverts/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/page/2

Wow! Thanks for that. I appreciate the effort compared to idiots who comment for the sake of it!
Not keen on Vauxhall interior/dash tbh
Mondeo all the way!!!
Idiots?...... that's nice....make your own choice I think a horse will probably do you....:-p
Get the Ford. They have direction indicators as standard
gr8h8me

Idiots?...... that's nice....make your own choice I think a horse will … Idiots?...... that's nice....make your own choice I think a horse will probably do you....:-p

Sorry mate, didn't mean you! The guy questioning the car years...pointless. I've seen what I've seen! Lol!
Brown or grey horse??? :-)
BMW, I,ve just bought 3 series tourer diesel, I part ex"ed Mondeo for it, bmw very economical car, very solid, Mondeo nice but not on par with Beamer
harveymac

Yes. I'll be doing a lot of miles for work in the new year so it has to … Yes. I'll be doing a lot of miles for work in the new year so it has to be diesel

In that case ask yourself which will I be most comfortable in and enjoy driving the most.
v5535

You can pick up top spec Signum's for next to nowt aswell - well worth a … You can pick up top spec Signum's for next to nowt aswell - well worth a lookhttp://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/vauxhall/signum/postcode/hg11te/radius/1500/sort/default/seller-type/private_adverts/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/page/2

They are terrible, terrible cars. Go for the Mondeo.
Edited by: "spaceinvader" 23rd Dec 2012
Octavia vrs.

Edit: scrap that, I've just seen your 'snobbier' comment.
Edited by: "deeky" 23rd Dec 2012
v5535

Stop it.
harveymac

nope

Son i am Dissapoint gif here
Both crap to be honest.

BMW too old & common & Mondeo's are for Grandads.

If I were you I'd save some more cash or get a loan & get something decent.
Mondeo, cheper to fix and service.
Skoda interiors are not exactly good...
ChrisUK

Both crap to be honest.BMW too old & common & Mondeo's are for … Both crap to be honest.BMW too old & common & Mondeo's are for Grandads.If I were you I'd save some more cash or get a loan & get something decent.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If only i had this way with words

Well it is xmas and all that X)
I'd forget both and get an audi a4 rs (_;)
transit

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If only i had this way with wordsWell it is xmas and all … ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If only i had this way with wordsWell it is xmas and all that X)

Why beat around the bush. Anyone with any sense can see that tbh.

If you're on a tight budget, have a look for a Seat Leon FR TDI MK1 - any of the VAG group should fall into your budget.

I'd get an A6 myself though !
Tree fiddy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions