Bmw heads. Rear washer nozzle placement?

Posted 25th Oct
Hi all. My bmw x3 f25 2011 rear washer has just stopped working. The motor is still working. I'm just trying to troubleshoot but I can't seem to find where the nozzle is at all. It's not anywhere of the wiper stalk. I can't see anything on the spoiler or bodywork. Google hasn't been able to help me so far either. Anyone got an idea???
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Not underneath the arm like this?

38761214-lCbHl.jpg
Edited by: "deeky" 25th Oct
No?

38761287-h129N.jpg
Thansk, I'lle double check, but it's definately not like in the second pic
If your high level stop light is above the wiper, check that as sometimes the washer jet is built into it.
I always hate doing this as I feel like I'm being impertinent but a simple "Google" showed many articles relating to the rear washer jet. Plenty of pictures and vids too. You say you've already looked?

Hopefully something there will guide you to a solution to your issue. Could be a simple blocked jet - or worse, a split in the hose somewhere further along.

All the best, Phsy.
Phsycronix25/10/2019 10:09

I always hate doing this as I feel like I'm being impertinent but a simple …I always hate doing this as I feel like I'm being impertinent but a simple "Google" showed many articles relating to the rear washer jet. Plenty of pictures and vids too. You say you've already looked?Hopefully something there will guide you to a solution to your issue. Could be a simple blocked jet - or worse, a split in the hose somewhere further along.All the best, Phsy.

Hi, Ive been through every Google article I can find, but there is nothing relating to the x3 f25 2011 onwards model that I can see
richp25/10/2019 10:07

If your high level stop light is above the wiper, check that as sometimes …If your high level stop light is above the wiper, check that as sometimes the washer jet is built into it.

Hi yes I have a high level red stop light. There is what appears to be a tiny black plastic screw. Surely its not that? It's tiny. On the right hand side and seems to have a flat headed screwdriver head on it.
mart32125/10/2019 10:15

Hi, Ive been through every Google article I can find, but there is nothing …Hi, Ive been through every Google article I can find, but there is nothing relating to the x3 f25 2011 onwards model that I can see

Fairy-fluff. Another idea would be next time you go to the supermarket, spot another X3. Ask owner to fire up rear washer and see where the water comes from!

Apart from that, I noticed an article saying you need to remove the rear window trim to gain access to the hose, as sometimes the pipe can ping off the end of the connector. You'd have water in the boot/well somewhere though...
Also, do you not have an owners manual? If not, I could see where you can download a PDF version. It has to detail the rear washer in there somewhere!
Phsycronix25/10/2019 10:19

Also, do you not have an owners manual? If not, I could see where you can …Also, do you not have an owners manual? If not, I could see where you can download a PDF version. It has to detail the rear washer in there somewhere!

Been through the manual there wasn't much detail but I think I've cracked it. After previous poster mentioned high level break light. After putting that in I've got a result. I've also been getting water in the boot so it's all probably related. Thanks guys.
mart32125/10/2019 10:24

Been through the manual there wasn't much detail but I think I've cracked …Been through the manual there wasn't much detail but I think I've cracked it. After previous poster mentioned high level break light. After putting that in I've got a result. I've also been getting water in the boot so it's all probably related. Thanks guys.

Check the roof lining, if it's wet, the pipe may have split or they have a joining piece, it may have become detached.
The nozzle was just blocked and a pin in the hole was all it took to sort it, thanks everyone for that. I now have a bigger problem though

After peeling back the inside trim and pouring water over the outside I can see that water is getting in through third brake light. This is the one placed in the centre of the spoiler. It seems after reading though a couple of repair guides that the full light needs to be replaced as there isn't a gasket sold seperately. I don't really want to do this as the light is still working fine and after removing all the wiring etc it seems like it's going to be quite a fiddle to get it out as there a bunch of metal clips with terrible access and the plastic housing is difficult to detach.
Is there any other option to help seal this break light again, something that wouldn't be too obvious and would provide a good seal to prevent an further water ingress, I was thinking a type of clear sealant maybe that I could apply from the inside?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants