other garage or not?

Thanks a lot
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Why oh why don’t you call them it could be a simple a a gasket leaking
14 Comments
Why oh why don’t you call them it could be a simple a a gasket leaking
Can you see where on the oil is coming from?
Maybe ring Start Rescue and find out. And don't try starting it again.
I should think that if you've been starting your Beemer with no oil in it. the cost of transportation to your garage of choice is going to be the least of your problems.
So the car lost the oil that you put in even though you didn't use it or move the car?
Oops, having a few problems?

Did Startcover assist you exactly a fortnight (Timing chain problem) ago?

Is it the same car?
HUKDWatcher03096th Apr

Oops, having a few problems?Did Startcover assist you exactly a fortnight …Oops, having a few problems?Did Startcover assist you exactly a fortnight (Timing chain problem) ago?Is it the same car?

Same car.. paid fortune at bmw service centre & now this issue came :-((((((((((
Don’t want to go to bmw again for 2010 car 55000miles car & want to go for garage I trust.. didn’t needed startrescue that time as bmw pickup car (& charged me)
Towelie54 m ago

So the car lost the oil that you put in even though you didn't use it or …So the car lost the oil that you put in even though you didn't use it or move the car?

Yes :-(
I can see the oil on ground & on the metal tray underneath
dhanepud25 m ago

Same car.. paid fortune at bmw service centre & now this issue came …Same car.. paid fortune at bmw service centre & now this issue came :-((((((((((Don’t want to go to bmw again for 2010 car 55000miles car & want to go for garage I trust.. didn’t needed startrescue that time as bmw pickup car (& charged me)

dhanepud25 m ago

Same car.. paid fortune at bmw service centre & now this issue came …Same car.. paid fortune at bmw service centre & now this issue came :-((((((((((Don’t want to go to bmw again for 2010 car 55000miles car & want to go for garage I trust.. didn’t needed startrescue that time as bmw pickup car (& charged me)

Breakdown recovery service should take you to a garage of your choice, distance permitting.

If they take it to a garage of your choice, I doubt whether they would then take it to another should your choice of garage be unable/unwilling to fix it.

BUT, please ensure you tell the technician who comes the full story, he may do irreversible damage by not knowing the full facts.

Trying to piece the chain of events together ;

The car lost all oil,

you went to Halfords who refused to fix it, suggesting timing chain and/or electronic problem(s), and recommended you visit BMW,

BMW 'fixed' the fault? (was it driven there?)

and now , 2 weeks later its losing oil, and makes a noise when started?

Repeatedly starting it/driving it could have caused major damage, on the other hand if your lucky it won't have, but I stress, anyone looking at the car with a view of repairing needs to know the recent history, this may just save you money as there fault diagnosis may be reduced, thus saving them time and saving you money.

I'd suggest you return to the BMW garage explain whats happened and give them the opportunity to fulfil there obligation to fix the fault you've already paid them for?
Car has no oil.
Started it and makes a racket.
WHAT WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN? Oil is critical to a car. Why not pour some Vodka in for good measure?

Seriously, if BMW ‘fixed’ your car. What does the invoice state was done? Likely they have missed a bolt, not changed a disturbed gasket, etc. If they haven’t shown a duty of care it’s their issue.
I have a headache after reading this thread.
andynicol8 h, 34 m ago

Breakdown recovery service should take you to a garage of your choice, …Breakdown recovery service should take you to a garage of your choice, distance permitting.If they take it to a garage of your choice, I doubt whether they would then take it to another should your choice of garage be unable/unwilling to fix it....

Startrescue is an insurance policy. The insurance service level is as stated in the policy, which states that minimum cover to qualify for Home Assist is its 3star policy and where Home Assist will include: "If, in the opinion of the recovery operator, they are unable to repair the vehicle at the roadside we will assist in the following way: ...Arrange and pay for your vehicle, you and up to 6 passengers to be recovered to the nearest garage which is able to undertake the repair within 10 miles from the scene of the breakdown..."
So OP will not qualify for any assistance if the policy is 1star or 2star and the nearest garage may not be the OPs preferred garage.
startrescue.co.uk/doc…pdf
AndyRoyd4 h, 20 m ago

Startrescue is an insurance policy. The insurance service level is as …Startrescue is an insurance policy. The insurance service level is as stated in the policy, which states that minimum cover to qualify for Home Assist is its 3star policy and where Home Assist will include: "If, in the opinion of the recovery operator, they are unable to repair the vehicle at the roadside we will assist in the following way: ...Arrange and pay for your vehicle, you and up to 6 passengers to be recovered to the nearest garage which is able to undertake the repair within 10 miles from the scene of the breakdown..."So OP will not qualify for any assistance if the policy is 1star or 2star and the nearest garage may not be the OPs preferred garage.https://www.startrescue.co.uk/documents/newest/terms-and-conditions.pdf

The OP needs to clarify what cover is in place.

The OP is giving limited info and hoping to be advised what to do, all the facts and chain of events need to be told for anyone to have a remote chance of advising.

P.S. Seems that cover is only useful if you only drive in a town/city....
deleted793389
It's probably more than coincidence that it is losing that much oil since the timing chain was replaced.
Phone the BMW dealer, their previous work should be guaranteed and they picked it up last time...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants