BMW runflats

Found 12th Mar
Hello, was hoping someone can help- need all 4 tyres for BMW- best price and place in West Midlands. Thanks.
Run flat.

255/40r17 back tyres

Front tyres 225/45r17
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Have a look on national tyres, I had Bridgestone runflats on my BMW and national tyres have a discount code and include fitting
Original Poster
Thank you for the reply, how can I get the discount code?
why do you need to buy run flats.
I changed my BMW 320D M sports to normal tyres and that was the best thing i have ever done.
They half the price,
can be repaired if you get a hole in them.
the ride was smother
the handling was better.
More miles per tyre (i found anyhow)
think i was getting tyres for £80x2 and £60x2
You can always get your self a repair kit. to get you to a shop if you get a hole in your tyre.
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 12th Mar
Original Poster
djmackie200021 m ago

why do you need to buy run flats. I changed my BMW 320D M sports to normal …why do you need to buy run flats. I changed my BMW 320D M sports to normal tyres and that was the best thing i have ever done. They half the price, can be repaired if you get a hole in them. the ride was smotherthe handling was better. More miles per tyre (i found anyhow)think i was getting tyres for £80x2 and £60x2You can always get your self a repair kit. to get you to a shop if you get a hole in your tyre.

Erm, I don’t know really, just thought I had to get runflats, didn’t realise that you could just use normal tyres, so hard to find and so expensive anyway! Thanks for that
xxnsbxx38 m ago

Erm, I don’t know really, just thought I had to get runflats, didn’t rea …Erm, I don’t know really, just thought I had to get runflats, didn’t realise that you could just use normal tyres, so hard to find and so expensive anyway! Thanks for that

Swap out the run flats mate. Get normal tyres all round.
xxnsbxx1 h, 33 m ago

Erm, I don’t know really, just thought I had to get runflats, didn’t rea …Erm, I don’t know really, just thought I had to get runflats, didn’t realise that you could just use normal tyres, so hard to find and so expensive anyway! Thanks for that

Good luck with what you do.

Just remember you cannot mix run flat and normal tyres on the car at the same time. it has to be one or the other
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 12th Mar
We've stuck with run flats for our 5series GT. Yes they are expensive, but we've found a garage that will repair one hole (no more per tyre).

If you change from RF to standard tyres you will have to have something as a spare, legally you don't need to as it's advisory but it still makes sense.
Edited by: "windym" 12th Mar
Original Poster
Thank you for the replies and advice, much appreciated
djmackie20005 h, 46 m ago

Good luck with what you do. Just remember you cannot mix run flat and …Good luck with what you do. Just remember you cannot mix run flat and normal tyres on the car at the same time. it has to be one or the other

Yes you can.
I’ll say now that knowing car stuff isn’t my forte, but I have run flats on mine. I was told that you need run flats because of not having a spare. I paid £180 just recently for mine, but I’m up North
Bought tyres for my car yesterday, run flats 18 inch from kwik fit and it was the cheapest fitted price I could find. They're doing a good offer on Goodyear tyres (vouchers back) and quidco gets you another 3.25%
As has been said swap them out for non run flat and get a tyre repair / inflation can. Best thing I did on my mini.
Wifes BMWs handling was transformed when she ditched the run flats, It wanted to kill you regularly on the run flats.
xxnsbxx12th Mar

To be on the safe side tell your insurance company. I would imagine you may fall under the has the car been modified from the manufacturers specification. I believe most insurance companies are OK with it but best to check. Also don't forget to buy a can of tyre weld and a footpump if you are not putting a spare in the boot
juggler112th Mar

I’ll say now that knowing car stuff isn’t my forte, but I have run flats on …I’ll say now that knowing car stuff isn’t my forte, but I have run flats on mine. I was told that you need run flats because of not having a spare. I paid £180 just recently for mine, but I’m up North

Your car does not have to have spare or anything. but if it does it has to be road legal. but i would recommend a tyre repair + inflation kit.
juggler112th Mar

I’ll say now that knowing car stuff isn’t my forte, but I have run flats on …I’ll say now that knowing car stuff isn’t my forte, but I have run flats on mine. I was told that you need run flats because of not having a spare. I paid £180 just recently for mine, but I’m up North

Unfortunately you are a victim of sales BS.
dataload1 h, 28 m ago

Unfortunately you are a victim of sales BS.

Well, tbh, I feel better having them anyway. i've previously had a puncture, on the M60, and that was no fun. Or did you mean the price of £180 that I paid? I thought that was a good price
windym12th Mar

If you change from RF to standard tyres you will have to have something as …If you change from RF to standard tyres you will have to have something as a spare, legally you don't need to as it's advisory but it still makes sense.

What? Many new cars don't come with a spare at all these days anyway.

If you do its one of those rubber edged tea plate space savers, but often just a pump and tyre slime/tyre weld type crap. You dont even get space for a spare in some cars neither in nor under, if you get an under car storage for one its sometimes an optional extra they can scalp you for.
Original Poster
taxboy13th Mar

To be on the safe side tell your insurance company. I would imagine you …To be on the safe side tell your insurance company. I would imagine you may fall under the has the car been modified from the manufacturers specification. I believe most insurance companies are OK with it but best to check. Also don't forget to buy a can of tyre weld and a footpump if you are not putting a spare in the boot

Thanks, will let them know
Original Poster
djmackie200010 h, 49 m ago

Your car does not have to have spare or anything. but if it does it has to …Your car does not have to have spare or anything. but if it does it has to be road legal. but i would recommend a tyre repair + inflation kit.

Will look into tyre kit- is it just a standard one?
harlzter7 h, 23 m ago

What? Many new cars don't come with a spare at all these days anyway. If …What? Many new cars don't come with a spare at all these days anyway. If you do its one of those rubber edged tea plate space savers, but often just a pump and tyre slime/tyre weld type crap. You dont even get space for a spare in some cars neither in nor under, if you get an under car storage for one its sometimes an optional extra they can scalp you for.

Calm down darling. Read what I said.
xxnsbxx12 h, 20 m ago

Will look into tyre kit- is it just a standard one?

i bought my self one for around £50. was a Pump and the Gunk, the pump can be reused but would have to buy more Gunk (i have 2 bottle of Gunk so able to do 2x19" wheels before i would have to buy more)#

and apparently the Gunk can be washed out and the tyre fixed. where some Gunk cannot be washed out so the tyre has to be replaced.
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 15th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions