Groups
    EXPIRED

BMX Inner Tubes

I need to get 2 new inner tubes for my son's BMX. DOes anybody have any recommendations regarding type and where to get them.

I had a quick look and there seem to be a few different brands/types out there and as he's had 4 punctures since the end of June I want to get some decent ones.

Any advice gratefully received!

6 Comments

Using my mountain bike i find brand and cost doesnt really make any difference , i used to suffer from punctures quite alot so started using a product called slime

]http//ww…=82

Since March when i started using it havent had one puncture ! You can pick it up from places like Halfords or most good bike shops

Original Poster

crunch

Using my mountain bike i find brand and cost doesnt really make any … Using my mountain bike i find brand and cost doesnt really make any difference , i used to suffer from punctures quite alot so started using a product called slime]http://www.slime.com/index.php?p=view_product&product_id=82Since March when i started using it havent had one puncture ! You can pick it up from places like Halfords or most good bike shops

Cool, cheers for that, rep left!

tesco do some for about £1.00 i think all sizes

Very much doubt the quality of the inner tubes makes much difference.

You can purchase an accesory that fits between the inner tube and the tyre, it is hard to penetrate, so less punctures. I believe it's made out of a tough plastic.

I personally wouldn't use anything that involves putting gunk in my inner tube.

Original Poster

[QUOTE=thesaint]Very much doubt the quality of the inner tubes makes much difference.

You can purchase an accesory that fits between the inner tube and the tyre, it is hard to penetrate, so less punctures. I believe it's made out of a tough plastic.
    QUOTE]

Any ideas where to buy them from?

thesaint

Very much doubt the quality of the inner tubes makes much difference.You … Very much doubt the quality of the inner tubes makes much difference.You can purchase an accesory that fits between the inner tube and the tyre, it is hard to penetrate, so less punctures. I believe it's made out of a tough plastic.I personally wouldn't use anything that involves putting gunk in my inner tube.

Could you tell me the reason why you wouldn't use a inner tube sealant ? Maybe you have heard somthing i haven't or know something i dont .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
      2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions