BNP party political broadcast on BBC 1 . . . . . .

95 replies
Found 13th May 2009
Opening line from the leader, Nick Griffin . . . .

1. Misc
  2. BBC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. BBC
94 Comments

Original Poster

"please don't turn us off"

Wow, strong arguement to listen to them . . .

Banned

. . . .

Banned

Lmfao

bwahahaha

mbgringo;5204082

"please don't turn us off"Wow, strong arguement to listen to them . . .

he really said that?

ha ha how dumb. bet tons of people turned off

Original Poster

monkeybrains;5204115

he really said that?ha ha how dumb

Yep, the voiceover and graphic came on "this is a party election broadcast from the british national party"

Scene cuts to Nick Griffin stood in a street and his first line was "don't turn us off" - strong opening gambit . . . .

mbgringo;5204143

Yep, the voiceover and graphic came on "this is a party election … Yep, the voiceover and graphic came on "this is a party election broadcast from the british national party"Scene cuts to Nick Griffin stood in a street and his first line was "don't turn us off" - strong opening gambit . . . .

off topic... but there was a list of bnp member online all over the net:whistling:

nick griffin-IQ of a goldfish.

Original Poster

monkeybrains;5204172

off topic... but there was a list of bnp member online all over the … off topic... but there was a list of bnp member online all over the net:whistling:

Sure was, with addresses too, did the rounds for a while! (was also helpfully broken down by postcode - for easier identification :lol:)

It was actually a pretty smart thing to say.

Most people turn off party political broadcasts no matter which party they are from, so when someone says "please don't turn us off", it immediately turns the tables on the listener by second guessing what they were (probably) going to do.

It is also an intriguingly polite opening, something that is again designed to wrong-foot those with fixed ideas about what the BNP represent and would therefore be likely to turn off/over.

The proof is always in the pudding however, so I'd like to ask how many people continued to watch?

Rep for raising awareness.

barky;5204226

nick griffin-IQ of a goldfish.

Your a nasty person.
Dont say that about my goldfish!:w00t:

There is nothing wrong with what the BNP has to offer!

Liddle ol' me;5204257

It was actually a pretty smart thing to say. Most people turn off party … It was actually a pretty smart thing to say. Most people turn off party political broadcasts no matter which party they are from, so when someone says "please don't turn us off", it immediately turns the tables on the listener by second guessing what they were (probably) going to do. It is also an intriguingly polite opening, something that is again designed to wrong-foot those with fixed ideas about what the BNP represent and would therefore be likely to turn off/over.The proof is always in the pudding however, so I'd like to ask how many people continued to watch?

but i was watching and i didnt even hear his first line as i turned channel when they said bnp

monkeybrains;5204300

but i was watching and i didnt even hear his first line as i turned … but i was watching and i didnt even hear his first line as i turned channel when they said bnp

Yeah, but you are monkeybrains! :lol: ( joke )

monkeybrains;5204300

but i was watching and i didnt even hear his first line as i turned … but i was watching and i didnt even hear his first line as i turned channel when they said bnp

But seriously, you might have continued to listen had you heard that line. It would have (probably) wrong-footed you...

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;5204257

It was actually a pretty smart thing to say. Most people turn off party … It was actually a pretty smart thing to say. Most people turn off party political broadcasts no matter which party they are from, so when someone says "please don't turn us off", it immediately turns the tables on the listener by second guessing what they were (probably) going to do. It is also an intriguingly polite opening, something that is again designed to wrong-foot those with fixed ideas about what the BNP represent and would therefore be likely to turn off/over.The proof is always in the pudding however, so I'd like to ask how many people continued to watch?

The crux of the broadcast was that its local representitives would tackle local issues, such as inadequate housing and anti social behaviour as priorities . . . .

It tried too hard to not be the BNP, unless our preconceptions of their policies and all they stand for are wide of the mark? :whistling:

I carried on listening so I could provide HUKD with a fully balanced and informative thread - not because he told me not to turn over :lol:

bargain surfer;5204276

There is nothing wrong with what the BNP has to offer!

hail the gestapo . .

mbgringo;5204342

The crux of the broadcast was that its local representitives would tackle … The crux of the broadcast was that its local representitives would tackle local issues, such as inadequate housing and anti social behaviour as priorities . . . .It tried too hard to not be the BNP, unless our preconceptions of their policies and all they stand for are wide of the mark? :whistling:

See - you heard the line and were caught by it. So much so that you are able to summarise their broadcast quite well (albeit with a critical take)

They're going to gain a foothold if the current status quo remains as such.

People DO fear things like immigration and the BNP WILL capitalise on it.

In before grex.

lol

ps; way aye riordan ! just lose on saturday ;-)

hibees;5204268

Your a nasty person.Dont say that about my goldfish!:w00t:

Original Poster

thesaint;5204375

In before grex.

Oooh, close

thesaint;5204375

In before grex.

Too late - he made it just before you.

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;5204362

See - you heard the line and were caught by it. So much so that you are … See - you heard the line and were caught by it. So much so that you are able to summarise their broadcast quite well (albeit with a critical take)

Note the clever backtracking edit above :whistling:

myaser88;5204356

hail the gestapo . .

To be honest what changes they are proposing to make both localy and nationaly are more appealing than what the other parties have to offer, just a shame Nick Griffin is such a *****

its a flawed argument. if people with half a brain cell were concerned, they'd vote UKIP. but they dont post 5 quid notes . .

grex9101;5204372

They're going to gain a foothold if the current status quo remains as … They're going to gain a foothold if the current status quo remains as such.People DO fear things like immigration and the BNP WILL capitalise on it.

thesaint;5204375

In before grex.

Liddle ol' me;5204399

Your points, "gentlemen"?

harlzter;5204404

To be honest what changes they are proposing to make both localy and … To be honest what changes they are proposing to make both localy and nationaly are more appealing than what the other parties have to offer, just a shame Nick Griffin is such a *****

So do you mean to say that if they had a different leader, you would vote for them?

Liddle ol' me;5204437

So do you mean to say that if they had a different leader, you would vote … So do you mean to say that if they had a different leader, you would vote for them?

nicely put

http://www.blogiversity.org/blogs/willburns1/peter-griffin.bmp

Banned

Liddle ol' me;5204399

It would have been pointless saying "In before Liddle" on a BNP thread!

Jus Sayin!

guv;5204570

It would have been pointless saying "In before Liddle" on a BNP … It would have been pointless saying "In before Liddle" on a BNP thread!Jus Sayin!

Seems like puddle and the stain have some sort of agenda....

Who knows :roll:

Who cares!!! :-D

Original Poster

grex9101;5204611

Seems like puddle and the stain have some sort of agenda....Who knows … Seems like puddle and the stain have some sort of agenda....Who knows :roll:Who cares!!! :-D

Nick Griffin cares . . . . he said so earlier . . . . :lol:

Banned

The only thing to decide is are the BNP far-right racist scum, or far left racist scum?

mbgringo;5204645

Nick Griffin cares . . . . he said so earlier . . . . :lol:

At least someone does :-D

FilthAndFurry;5204657

The only thing to decide is are the BNP far-right racist scum, or far … The only thing to decide is are the BNP far-right racist scum, or far left racist scum?

Surely you're not that stupid?

How was the suspension by the way? Bite off more than you could chew? :-D

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5204657

The only thing to decide is are the BNP far-right racist scum, or far … The only thing to decide is are the BNP far-right racist scum, or far left racist scum?

According to thier television propaganda, they are the cuddly, wuddly, caring party who like everyone and love their mummies . . . .

mbgringo;5204681

According to thier television propaganda, they are the cuddly, wuddly, … According to thier television propaganda, they are the cuddly, wuddly, caring party who like everyone and love their mummies . . . .

especially the kiddies . .

Banned

mbgringo;5204681

According to thier television propaganda, they are the cuddly, wuddly, … According to thier television propaganda, they are the cuddly, wuddly, caring party who like everyone and love their mummies . . . .

Indeed, they made a concerted effort to use 'softer' language a few years ago. They're still the racist thugs they used to be, except they're a little better at hiding it.

Strangely, some of their policies are very much old Labour and would be acceptable if anyone actually believed they actually supported them.

I still like their idea of paying people to go back to their countries of origin. In this economic climate it would be ideal because it would destroy the country.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3479
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz1115
    3. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?812
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1221

See more discussions