BNP to appear on Question Time?

52 replies
Found 8th Sep 2009
news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

The BBC is considering letting BNP leader Nick Griffin appear on its flagship debate programme.
Now surely this is a good thing? What are these politicians worried about threatening to boycot the programme? Do they think the BNP will upstage them with ideas on new policies?
The BNP aren't going to go away, so the idea of giving them 'the oxygen of publicity' is pointless considering they're on the news all the time.
This is a chance for the public to make their mind up from watching a proper debate and find out who they really are.

What does everyone think?

BTW, im not a supporter of the BNP.

1. Misc
  2. BBC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. BBC
52 Comments

hes been on before
elected party of the eu
why not

maybe it will be good, more exposure will just show how stupid, racist and a bunch of ***** they are

question time is fixed anyway - people are picked out beforehand to ask questions - so the panel already have answers ready (100% as a friend went on)

no doubt end up in chaos -

They should definitely be allowed on, if the bbc/government starts going down the road of trying to ban elected parties from the air, it will spell a lot of trouble.

On the plus side, the man's so ugly he'll probably break the camera anyway...

I hope they force him to sit between a muslim MP and a black MP

holly100;6236513

question time is fixed anyway - people are picked out beforehand to ask … question time is fixed anyway - people are picked out beforehand to ask questions - so the panel already have answers ready (100% as a friend went on) no doubt end up in chaos -

i wouldnt say its fixed nor staged coz its not a competition
but obviously the panel need to do research
and when u apply you are asked which question youre going to ask

the most appropiate get to ask it

hassony;6236534

I hope they force him to sit between a muslim MP and a black MP

and???????

jasonrat;6236559

and???????

Do you think he is a racist?

tinkerbell28;6236590

Yes he should be allowed on as after all as it stands in this country the … Yes he should be allowed on as after all as it stands in this country the BNP are a political party sadly, hopefully he will show himself up for the numpty that he is and those that have fallen for their drivel will see the undertones too it.But the without being rude, most BNP supporters I know of, don't count question time amongst their viewing habits.:)

Do you know a lot of BNP supporters?

hassony;6236582

i believe in freedom for all

that means women children etc
i believe he has beliefs that he believes in
same with lots of other races and religions
as long as it doesnt harm others

hassony;6236582

dont turn this into a race card though

civms47;6236518

They should definitely be allowed on, if the bbc/government starts going … They should definitely be allowed on, if the bbc/government starts going down the road of trying to ban elected parties from the air, it will spell a lot of trouble.On the plus side, the man's so ugly he'll probably break the camera anyway...

He always looks like he's had a stroke to me...

hassony;6236582

That depends on wether you believe racism to be primarily a matter of colour...

Banned

bring it on

it will change absolutely nothing

waste of time on all counts.......in fact why am i even writing this?

gone....

the bnp must get more expossure on this site than any other in the country pfftttt

jasonrat;6236632

i believe in freedom for allthat means women children etci believe he has … i believe in freedom for allthat means women children etci believe he has beliefs that he believes insame with lots of other races and religions as long as it doesnt harm others

but thats the party's long term aim isn't? non whites are not welcome in this country

did you hear his propsal about sinking ships in the sea before they get to europe?

have you seen his speech in america to the white supremacist (should be able to find it on youtube)

jasonrat;6236656

dont turn this into a race card though

why not?

he is a racist

tinkerbell28;6236637

Nope, the odd ones I have come across in my life:) Why?

just wondering, haven't met many (at least any open ones)

Flodd;6236689

That depends on wether you believe racism to be primarily a matter of … That depends on wether you believe racism to be primarily a matter of colour...

what do you mean?

casparwhite;6236703

bring it onit will change absolutely nothingwaste of time on all … bring it onit will change absolutely nothingwaste of time on all counts.......in fact why am i even writing this?gone....the bnp must get more expossure on this site than any other in the country pfftttt

:lol: repped

hassony;6236704

but thats the party's long term aim isn't? non whites are not welcome in … but thats the party's long term aim isn't? non whites are not welcome in this country

hassony;6236733

what do you mean?

Again, it isn't a black & white issue... There are prominent Asian and Black members (although a small minority of it's membership) in the BNP.

Ever heard the phase 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend...'

tinkerbell28;6236732

He never said they were not racist did he, he understands the fact that … He never said they were not racist did he, he understands the fact that as it stands they are a legal political party, so have the right to free speech in this country, that does not make him racist or means he condones their policies, the race card is not warranted here:)

I wasn't saying that the poster was racist, I was just wondering if he belived that the BNP were racist

and the race card is always warranted in any discussion about the BNP

Flodd;6236742

Again, it isn't a black & white issue... There are prominent Asian and … Again, it isn't a black & white issue... There are prominent Asian and Black members (although a small minority of it's membership) in the BNP.Ever heard the phase 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend...'

no there isn't

Black members aren't allowed in the BNP (unless they have changed the rules in the past couple of weeks)

they have tried to get the sikh community on board but they werent having any of it as well

I think they have a token Jewish member, but I would be surprised to see many jews supporting a mini Hitler

hassony;6236727

just wondering, haven't met many (at least any open ones)

oh I come across quite a few where i work... we have public computers and they'll come in and share their ideas with me. Blaming me for making the BNP website not work.

I really dislike BNP

golemsmate;6236787

oh I come across quite a few where i work... we have public computers and … oh I come across quite a few where i work... we have public computers and they'll come in and share their ideas with me. Blaming me for making the BNP website not work.I really dislike BNP

you mean that they actually know how to use a computer!!!

hassony;6236766

no there isn'tBlack members aren't allowed in the BNP (unless they have … no there isn'tBlack members aren't allowed in the BNP (unless they have changed the rules in the past couple of weeks)they have tried to get the sikh community on board but they werent having any of it as well

Yes there are... I live in the midlands (arguably one the most multicultural places in the UK), the BNP March winds it's way through my hometown once a year under the guise of a 'St Georges Day' march and I can asure you having witnessed the knuckle dragging, kestrel super drinking, out-of-workers that there are more than a smattering of black and asian men included...

Presumably they all gang together to kick the daylights out of the east europeans at the end of it...

If you honestly think racism hasn't evolved from the simple black/white issues of the last 30 years then there isnt much worth discussing here...

Banned

hassony;6236715

why not?he is a racist

Meh, each to their own I say.
I don't care what colour someone is or what race they are or anything. In Leeds where I live I know lots and lots of BNP supporters. I hear they have a lot of good aims and some bad aims you can't have everything.

Flodd;6236816

Yes there are... I live in the midlands (arguably one the most … Yes there are... I live in the midlands (arguably one the most multicultural places in the UK), the BNP March winds it's way through my hometown once a year under the guise of a 'St Georges Day' march and I can asure you having witnessed the knuckle dragging, kestrel super drinking, out-of-workers that there are more than a smattering of black and asian men included...Presumably they all gang together to kick the daylights out of the east europeans at the end of it...If you honestly think racism hasn't evolved from the simple black/white issues of the last 30 years then there isnt much worth discussing here...

The BNP requires that all members must be members of the "Indigenous Caucasian" racial group.[18] The party does not regard non-white people as being ethnically British, even if they have been born in the UK and are naturalised British citizens. Instead, Griffin has stated that "non-Europeans who stay", while protected by British law, "will be regarded as permanent guests".[100]

from wiki

The party has stated that it does not consider the Jewish, Hindu or Sikh religions to have a significantly detrimental or threatening effect, having several members with Jewish ancestry, but does not accept practising Sikhs or Hindus as culturally or ethnically British.[101] In pursuit of the policy, the BNP has previously worked with extremist Hindu and Sikh groups opposing Islam,[102] and actively tried to win Jewish votes.[103]

The BNP is opposed to mixed-race relationships on the stated ground that racial differences must be preserved; the party said that "when whites take partners from other ethnic groups, a white family line that stretches back into deep pre-history is destroyed."[104] Nick Griffin stated: "… while the BNP is not racist, it must not become multi-racist either. Our fundamental determination to secure a future for white children is restated, and an area of uncertainty is addressed and a position which is both principled and politically realistic is firmly established. We don't hate anyone, especially the mixed race children who are the most tragic victims of enforced multi-racism, but that does not mean that we accept miscegenation as moral or normal. We do not and we never will".[100

I understand where you are coming from, they have tried to get the sikhs, hindus and jews on their side (against Islam), but overall it has been a failure

well thats count me out seeing im in a mixed race relatiionship
however he has rthe right to go on the show and believe in whatever he believes in

jasonrat;6236921

well thats count me out seeing im in a mixed race relatiionshiphowever … well thats count me out seeing im in a mixed race relatiionshiphowever he has rthe right to go on the show and believe in whatever he believes in

Agreed, as I said before more exposure will show how stupid and idiotic they really are (if they are pushed hard enough by the questions)

hes been on before so its nothing new

hassony;6236898
from wiki

I understand where you are coming from, they have tried to get the sikhs, hindus and jews on their side (against Islam), but overall it has been a failure

Hassony... Quoting wikipedia to me as fact is no way to behave!

Clearly this strikes a chord with you and I'm guessing that it's because you're Islamic, and... The recent events of the EDL march in Birmingham would indicate that they are (the EDL) anti-islamic.

I can't find any stand out comments from the BNP stating they follow a similiar mandate. I would hazard a guess they do as - like I said to you earlier - the enemy of my enemy is my friend and there has always been notable conflict between sikh's, hindhu and muslims. This re-inforces my point that racism is not simply a black and white issue.

I imagine that as a white male I'd sail through the BNP's membership criteria... however what would happen if I applied as a white muslim?

hassony;6236964
Agreed, as I said before more exposure will show how stupid and idiotic they really are (if they are pushed hard enough by the questions)

There is enough stupidity on all sides as evidenced by the gangs of young asian males streaming into Birmingham on Saturday purely looking for conflict...

Banned

hassony;6236964

Agreed, as I said before more exposure will show how stupid and idiotic … Agreed, as I said before more exposure will show how stupid and idiotic they really are (if they are pushed hard enough by the questions)

I'm equally sure they will be asked questions that members of the public will actually agree with what's been said. Unless they make a big gaff (which is possible) the publicity would be a plus rather than a negative.

I'll have to remember to tune it. Should be entertaining to see how it goes.

Flodd;6237120

Hassony... Quoting wikipedia to me as fact is no way to behave!Clearly … Hassony... Quoting wikipedia to me as fact is no way to behave!Clearly this strikes a chord with you and I'm guessing that it's because you're Islamic, and... The recent events of the EDL march in Birmingham would indicate that they are (the EDL) anti-islamic. I can't find any stand out comments from the BNP stating they follow a similiar mandate. I would hazard a guess they do as - like I said to you earlier - the enemy of my enemy is my friend and there has always been notable conflict between sikh's, hindhu and muslims. This re-inforces my point that racism is not simply a black and white issue.I imagine that as a white male I'd sail through the BNP's membership criteria... however what would happen if I applied as a white muslim?There is enough stupidity on all sides as evidenced by the gangs of young asian males streaming into Birmingham on Saturday purely looking for conflict...

would they allow a homosexual member?

equating the BNP (a political party that is reprsenting the UK in europe) with some thugs in the midlands doesn't quite work

The are concentrating on islam at the moment because they see them as the easiest target, this is simmilar to the way the Nazi party started in germany (replace muslim with Jews obviously)

guv;6237139

I'm equally sure they will be asked questions that members of the public … I'm equally sure they will be asked questions that members of the public will actually agree with what's been said. Unless they make a big gaff (which is possible) the publicity would be a plus rather than a negative.I'll have to remember to tune it. Should be entertaining to see how it goes.

thats why the right questions needs to be asked, and they need to be pushed on issues such as the sinking ship proposal, or banning homosexual parades, or being against the ghirkas settling in britain (Joanna Lumly would eat them for breakfast)

Banned

hassony;6237564

thats why the right questions needs to be asked, and they need to be … thats why the right questions needs to be asked, and they need to be pushed on issues such as the sinking ship proposal, or banning homosexual parades, or being against the ghirkas settling in britain (Joanna Lumly would eat them for breakfast)

Politicians have a habit of telling you what they think you want to hear. I'd imagine half the Tory PMs for example would be horrified if practising homosexuals became their neighbours, lowering the tone of their current existence.

hassony;6237548

would they allow a homosexual member?

I don't know... do homosexuals wear badges? How on earth would they know what my sexual preference was? What point are you making here...

hassony;6237548

equating the BNP (a political party that is reprsenting the UK in europe) … equating the BNP (a political party that is reprsenting the UK in europe) with some thugs in the midlands doesn't quite work

I don't recall that I did - perhaps you'd be so kind as to point our where I did?

hassony;6237548

The are concentrating on islam at the moment because they see them as the … The are concentrating on islam at the moment because they see them as the easiest target, this is simmilar to the way the Nazi party started in germany (replace muslim with Jews obviously)

You cannot possibly compare the persecution of Jews by Nazi's to the BNP's (alledged) stance on Islam... :x Once again - Find me something (OFFICIAL) from the BNP that denounces Islam. Information is a powerful medium, how it's manipulated by people for persnal gain is even more powerful.

*disclaimer* I do not support the BNP. I do not support support ANY political party and have not voted in nearly 20 years.

Flodd;6237666

I don't know... do homosexuals wear badges? How on earth would they know … I don't know... do homosexuals wear badges? How on earth would they know what my sexual preference was? What point are you making here...I don't recall that I did - perhaps you'd be so kind as to point our where I did?You cannot possibly compare the persecution of Jews by Nazi's to the BNP's (alledged) stance on Islam... :x Once again - Find me something (OFFICIAL) from the BNP that denounces Islam. Information is a powerful medium, how it's manipulated by people for persnal gain is even more powerful.*disclaimer* I do not support the BNP. I do not support support ANY political party and have not voted in nearly 20 years.

point 1 - they have a strong stand against homosexuals (common knowledge that)
point 2 - "There is enough stupidity on all sides as evidenced by the gangs of young asian males streaming into Birmingham on Saturday purely looking for conflict... "
point 3 - read about what how the Nazi party started in germany

hassony;6237737

point 1 - they have a strong stand against homosexuals (common knowledge … point 1 - they have a strong stand against homosexuals (common knowledge that)point 2 - "There is enough stupidity on all sides as evidenced by the gangs of young asian males streaming into Birmingham on Saturday purely looking for conflict... " point 3 - read about what how the Nazi party started in germany

Point 1 - Clearly not that common.
Point 2 - Where do I equate the BNP to a load of thugs? I'm making the point that stupidity isn;t a matter of colour or race...
Point 3 - Waving the odd placard isn't tantamount to mass execution and the slaughter of millions. Please keep this in perspective. Persecution of Muslims is well documented but not in the Uk.

hassony;6237758

]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3898695.stmhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/sep/24/religion.uk]http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2006/5/4/a-referendum-on-islam.html]http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/domestic_politics/bnpaposs+griffin+islam+is+a+cancer/3257872

I haven't clicked on them all but on the ones i have, what you've done there is take one mans opinion and generalise it to the whole political party, the irony there is of course that that's what anti-islamics will do... claim that the actions of one muslim represent the idealology of the whole faith...

It's uncomfortble isn't it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades78
    2. Why Can't I Get BT Showcase on Freeview?22
    3. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    4. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77

See more discussions