Board games love

Found 19th Dec 2017
I love board games and sitting round with family or friends around a good board game or game.

I have a small collection of what I believe is a to be good games but could anyone suggest any more to my list that they have played and have had experience of playing and would recommend? I'm hoping a few will go on offer or on sale around boxing day

Oh btw, my top favourite current game is Avalon which I have playing with people everytime possible! If people have never tried it, please do as it's an amazing game!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
It depends on who you play with. Ive struggled to get 'better' games to the table because of the people im with. But this question is in my wheelhouse so i can help!

Codenames
Sushi Go!
Ticket to ride: Europe
Small world
Takenoko
Hanabi
Carcassone + inns and cathedrals expansion
Machi koro
Pandemic
Scotkand yard
King of new york

All brilliant games that are pretty wide ranging.
Dead of winter is absolutely brilliant IMO. And the more people you get involved the more in depth and interesting it can become
Don't know if you'd call it a "board game" or not but we purchased "Speak Out" last year ... Oodles of fun, crying with laughter, even better when everyone's had a modicom of alcohol .... Get a spare pair of knickers ready!
Can't go wrong with Dominion.
King of New York
Pandemic
Forbidden desert
7 wonders and duel
Claustrophobia
Dead of winter
Slavica Equinox
Mid-long length strategy games:

Settlers of Catan
Dead of Winter
Aricola
Through The Ages (very long!)
Pandemic
Eldritch Horror
Ticket To Ride
Scotland Yard
Carcassone

Faster games:
Gingerdead House
Sushi Go Party (get the deluxe edition if you can!)
Exploding Kittens

I've also just received a couple of board games from Kickstarter, Dinosaur Island and Zombies Run, which both look amazing! Can't wait to play them.
Thanks everyone! These are great so far 😊
EverythingTwice2 h, 13 m ago

Mid-long length strategy games:Settlers of CatanDead of …Mid-long length strategy games:Settlers of CatanDead of WinterAricolaThrough The Ages (very long!)PandemicEldritch HorrorTicket To Ride Scotland YardCarcassone Faster games:Gingerdead HouseSushi Go Party (get the deluxe edition if you can!)Exploding Kittens I've also just received a couple of board games from Kickstarter, Dinosaur Island and Zombies Run, which both look amazing! Can't wait to play them.

I also backed Dinosaur Island, Have you received it yet?
I don't mind a board game every now and then but not many people I know are that keen.

Ticket to ride is my fav, haven't tried Avalon yet though.

I didn't like Catan.
Karlf198619th Dec

I also backed Dinosaur Island, Have you received it yet?

I have not! I phoned GamesQuest and they told me between Xmas and NY for most if not all UK backers. Really annoying, was hoping for it this week!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants