Board games you enjoy playing?

I have my monopoly set sitting in front of me from a game against the missus last night and a Cluedo set underneath that. I'm thinking we may have to invest in some more for when we have people round / sharing / etc.

What kinda board games are you and your family always playing and completly hooked on? The sort of things that'd never get old.

17 Comments

Scrabble & Trivial Pursuit

Monoply, Scrabble, Cluedo and the latest addition is Risk.

I like Risk and Monopoly, i can't remember the last time I finished a game of monopoly.

upwords, me and my family use to play this every sunday, wecould go for hours!

agree with the above, but also would add PICTIONARY, and a good old game of snakes and ladders.........(by putting a shot of something alchoholically fragranced at the top of each ladder!) :thumbsup:

..... and a double shot at the bottom!! :giggle:

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;2499020

i can't remember the last time I finished a game of monopoly.

Ha, yes, we have had games go on and off for weeks!! She bought Mayfair last night though so I'll probably be leaving her soon. I take monopoly very seriously :thumbsup:

I dont have any games, i dont have anyone to play with!

I'll come round to your house and play with you

Monopoly, trivial pursuit, cleudo, pictionary and absolute balderdash

Paddy_o_furniture;2499073

:w00t:What an offer!

Original Poster

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I remember a lot of these from when I was a kid and have to get sets of my own! I just remembered the name "Ludo" aswell which I must have played when I was like 5 or 6??? Semi-remember it, also solitaire with the pins.

TGB;2499034

Ha, yes, we have had games go on and off for weeks!! She bought Mayfair … Ha, yes, we have had games go on and off for weeks!! She bought Mayfair last night though so I'll probably be leaving her soon. I take monopoly very seriously :thumbsup:

I'm a spoilsport, when I know I'm beat I sell all my properties off dirt cheap to whoever I want to win

Pay day! Unless people like my cousin cheat! :x
I went through a phase of loving scrabble too!

I rememember a game that was good, you had to lose a million to win. Will google it now. Go for broke thats the badger.

Paddy_o_furniture;2499073

woohooo, lets make tuesday nights game night lol

bellabonkers;2499173

woohooo, lets make tuesday nights game night lol

Your on:thumbsup:

hotel is a good alternative to monopoly & checkout [url]www.boardgamegeek.com[/url] for other ideas.

I have ended up with over 50 board games in the cupboard, it started as a plan after picking up an old game worth about £40 for 10p at a car boot then another game worth £30 which I made up from 2 incomplete ones costing 50p each my plan was to buy old games cheap and sell them but I loved them all so much I've never sold any!

I've had to chill out a bit now as we are running out of space

edit - this ones really good if you can get hold of it, great for kids & gets them interested in gardening but not really a simple kids game
boardgamegeek.com/gam…718
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532117
    2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
    3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
    4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions