Bob Dylan has been awarded the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature

bbc.co.uk/new…621

Hopefully some HOTUKdeals on albums on the way.

A dedication to our friends and foes here in Misc,lol,

"Blowin' in the Wind"

youtube.com/wat…3AA

15 Comments

What did he write (regarding the literature part) other than Tarantula?

Tarantula was written between 1965 and 1966, but wasn’t published until 1971 due to Dylan’s motorcycle accident in 1966. In 2003 Spin magazine ran an article called the "Top Five Unintelligible Sentences from Books Written by Rock Stars." Dylan came in first place with this line from Tarantula: "Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." The Telegraph’s Neil McCormick has described Tarantula as “an unreadable amphetamine-fuelled stream of consciousness blank poetic opus.”

A wonderful surprise and greatly deserved.

One of the most pointless awards in mankind's history, although not as bad as the Turner prize.

thewongwing101

Not really a fan buthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxHIVxz1K5Myeah I know

Bob's voice on the original is amazing.

SmilingCrow

Bob's voice on the original is amazing.

Link would be great
the Specials did it as well but that is my fav

thewongwing101

Link would be great the Specials did it as well but that is my fav

I looked for ages on YT but it's not there, loads of live versions and covers but not the original from "Bringing It All Back Home".

Anyone who thinks that Dylan isn't a poet should listen to this

The Hurricane

Original Poster

reddit

One of the most pointless awards in mankind's history, although not as … One of the most pointless awards in mankind's history, although not as bad as the Turner prize.

thewongwing101

Ummm.... did anyone think to ask Bob if he wanted it ? … Ummm.... did anyone think to ask Bob if he wanted it ? X)https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/17/nobel-prize-bob-dylan-unable-to-reach

An answer could possibly be found here Saying 'No thanks' to Nobel aljazeera.com/foc…tml

1/ Obama got it, what peace?! Dylan got protest songs ultimateclassicrock.com/bob…gs/
2/ In 1973, North Vietnamese negotiator Lu Duc Tho was jointly awarded the Nobel peace prize with Henry Kissinger for their talks to end the violence in South East Asia. Lu immediately rejected it He immediately rejected it, pointing out that peace had not yet been established in Vietnam, and the award was therefore premature.His reaction caused acute embarrassment to Kissinger, who had initially accepted the award, and then unsuccessfully tried to return it when news of Tho's refusal emerged. ( In sharp contrast to Obama's)
3/ The only other refusal of a Nobel prize came from French existentialist philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre, who turned down the literature prize in 1964. He believed that accepting the award would compromise his status as a writer. Dylan may not likewise wish to compromise his position as singer songwriter.

I learned more about Bob Dylan watching Dangerous Minds (bit of gangsta paradise in there too)

Original Poster

bigweapon07

I learned more about Bob Dylan watching Dangerous Minds (bit of gangsta … I learned more about Bob Dylan watching Dangerous Minds (bit of gangsta paradise in there too)

Here?! youtube.com/wat…wC0

Frankly I am beginning to wonder if they should have given it to The Clash......
theguardian.com/mus…nce
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1971
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1113
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2540

See more discussions