Bobbie Gentry

Found 15th Mar
Does anyone on Misc appreciate the genius that is Bobbie Gentry?
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
No. Who is he/she?
Thank you for your post, I don't seem to have heard about this musical genius, I'm sure other members will have, and thank you for reminding them.
Most people who have heard of Bobbie Gentry will most likely know her song Ode to Billy Joe. A popular song that is played a lot on Radio 2. Possibly one of her greatest songs, if not the greatest.

And the 1976 film inspired by the hit song. Fantastic film too.

m.imdb.com/title/tt0074995/
Edited by: "LemonHead" 16th Mar
thank god for radio 2 and ken bruce , he plays the best songs

can you remeber the name of the song about an american radio station, they used to play it for a bit
LemonHead4 h, 46 m ago

Most people who have heard of Bobbie Gentry will most likely know her song …Most people who have heard of Bobbie Gentry will most likely know her song Ode to Billy Joe. A popular song that is played a lot on Radio 2. Possibly one of her greatest songs, if not the greatest.[Video] And the 1976 film inspired by the hit song. Fantastic film too.m.imdb.com/title/tt0074995/

What do you get when you fall in love ????

I love the Ode to Billy Joe, but what was it he threw off the Tallahatchie bridge is what i want to know.
on of my fav albums

33450366-eeoq7.jpg
33450366-nRYMi.jpg
lumsdot4 h, 31 m ago

thank god for radio 2 and ken bruce , he plays the best songscan you …thank god for radio 2 and ken bruce , he plays the best songscan you remeber the name of the song about an american radio station, they used to play it for a bit

"W·O·L·D" written and performed by Harry Chapin? That's the only one I can remember about a radio station.
coys671 h, 17 m ago

I love the Ode to Billy Joe, but what was it he threw off the Tallahatchie …I love the Ode to Billy Joe, but what was it he threw off the Tallahatchie bridge is what i want to know.

You should watch the film. Though I don't remember him throwing anything off the Tallahatchie bridge in the film. It claims to have the answer apparently though it still remains a mystery. I could be wrong as it's a long time since I saw the film.

m.imdb.com/title/tt0074995/
Edited by: "LemonHead" 16th Mar
LemonHead25 m ago

"W·O·L·D" written and performed by Harry Chapin? That's the only one I can …"W·O·L·D" written and performed by Harry Chapin? That's the only one I can remember about a radio station.

Yes that's it thanks, been bugging me for ages
Yes, one hell of a voice.
LemonHead6 h, 41 m ago

You should watch the film. Though I don't remember him throwing anything …You should watch the film. Though I don't remember him throwing anything off the Tallahatchie bridge in the film. It claims to have the answer apparently though it still remains a mystery. I could be wrong as it's a long time since I saw the film.m.imdb.com/title/tt0074995/

wow he sang cats in the cradle also
m.youtube.com/wat…724

always thought it was an old bloke singing w.o.l.d.

rip
Original Poster
joesmum15th Mar

No. Who is he/she?

Check her out.
Original Poster
coys6716th Mar

I love the Ode to Billy Joe, but what was it he threw off the Tallahatchie …I love the Ode to Billy Joe, but what was it he threw off the Tallahatchie bridge is what i want to know.

Newborn baby.
Original Poster
Sadly only recorded two albums and then retired to raise a family.
Original Poster
Check out her recordings with Glen Campbell.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions