Bodged touch up paint on car how to remove?

Found 3rd Jul
So I tried doing some touch paint and it looks crap.

Anyway to remove so I can try again? Would this work or damage the paint in surrounding areas?

halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165625&productId=170783&storeId=10001
Community Updates
AskHome & GardenDIY
4 Comments
give us a pic showing the paint. Are we talking a scratch or a respray area?
Has it just been done - if so the paint may still be soft and you might be able to tidy with propyl alcohol and a cloth.
mas995 m ago

give us a pic showing the paint. Are we talking a scratch or a respray …give us a pic showing the paint. Are we talking a scratch or a respray area? Has it just been done - if so the paint may still be soft and you might be able to tidy with propyl alcohol and a cloth.

There is several surface scratches on the bumper as I reversed into a metal chain by accident. I did the touch up paint last night

Will. Propyl alcohol damage the cars orgianl manufacturers paint?
adamwilko00723 m ago

There is several surface scratches on the bumper as I reversed into a …There is several surface scratches on the bumper as I reversed into a metal chain by accident. I did the touch up paint last nightWill. Propyl alcohol damage the cars orgianl manufacturers paint?

No, its fine on paint thats dry/set. Clean/wash afterwards obviously, but Id try it before getting into sanding. thinners are a mix of alcohol and acetone that act as a solvent for the paint. use a soft cloth - dont rub too hard.

When doing scratches ignore the brush with the paint. you need a very fine artists brush or use a toothpick/matchstick and pare it down to a very thin end and use that to apply. with the standard brushes you usually get way too much paint on.
Edited by: "mas99" 3rd Jul
I did my own paint job on the bumpers of my car - if you stuff it up you can use fine sandpaper to clean up the area which will remove the paint, re-apply the primer and re-paint, I used spray cans, don't forget the lacquer to seal it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants