Expired

Bodywork costs?

9 replies
Found 24th Jun 2014

Just took my car for some warranty work and hit a 'blind' bollard in the dealers car park and I was wondering if anyone had any rough ideas of repair costs.

Car is a Skoda Fabia, 63plate, in white with black factory body kit. Both offside doors will need some wok (front little, rear a fair bit ont he lower edge) and painting. Offside sill will most likely need replacing (and possibly) the bit of body kit attached to it.

I've full no claims for 10+ years, protected (joke that turns out to be!) but like many policies the excess is huge - over twice what the annual policy costs. IIRC it's about £550.

thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

Banned

why not ask the dealer for a quote while the car was/is there?

whatsThePoint

Always best to get a proper price from the "proffesionals" on hukd (_;)

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Really? Wow. I never thought of that.

capriboycraig

You should have

Banned

capriboycraig

I believe you, seeing how you never thought to look where you were reversing either

Original Poster

It's very obvious I did............ However as a diverse and large community there's prob a few panel beaters / finishers resident here, never mind people who've had similar work done.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

I believe you, seeing how you never thought to look where you were … I believe you, seeing how you never thought to look where you were reversing either

Lol, going forward, note the 'blind' bollard - the one that had already been hit and bent part way over - hence even harder to see.

Original Poster

Nope.

Look for a place that does 'SMART' repairs. I have a Fabia Estate and had a similar bump but to the wing. Wing was smoothed out and resprayed perfectly for £60.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2459
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812
    3. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …46
    4. Add one, leave one game54415441

See more discussions