Boffers just sent me a £5 note and a free gift! Maybe they are changing ...

1 reply
Found 18th Feb 2010
I recently ordered a couple of very cheap (some would say too good to be true") items from Boffers. They didn't come to the minimum spend of £10 so I made up the order with nice-to-have items.

2 weeks passed and I didn't hear anything from them, I emailed them and they then sent out my order. However, they only sent the nice-to-haves. I emailed them again and they then emailed me back to say there was some warehouse error and that the items were out of stock and I would not be receiving them.

I then told them to pick up the other stuff and cancel the whole order. To be fair to them this was done promptly, the courier came within 2 days and I received a refund a couple of days later.

I then kept getting emails about them being under new management etc. and took no notice ... however I then got an unexpected parcel which contained a wind-up mobile charger and a hand-written card apologising for the inconvenience . Inside the card was a £5 note!

To say I was shocked would be an understatement, I wouldn't expect this from any company let alone someone with such a bad rep as Boffers!

I'm assuming they picked a few people out who had the same issues I did and sent them out some stuff. Maybe I will shop with them in the future ...

1 Comment

:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769327
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2862
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2755
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247606

See more discussions