Bogus guard walks off with cash -

Bogus guard walks off with cash

A man dressed as a cash-in-transit security guard fooled Boots staff into handing over their takings.

The impersonator, wearing a helmet, jacket, shirt and tie, walked into Boots on Castle Street, Liverpool, holding a black plastic tool box.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said he was handed a quantity of cash then left the shop on Tuesday morning.

Stunned staff only realised their mistake when the genuine guard called later to pick up the missing money.

The force spokesman appealed for help and said officers were reviewing CCTV footage

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

21 Comments

Got to give it to him for having the bottle to pull it off.

It pays to watch 'The Real Hustle' . They pulled this one off on the show! Cheek or what!!

clever guy even if he did see it on The Real Hustle

what i'm wondering is why didn't the Boots staff ask for any identification or verification of who he is

Banned

Must have guts to do that.......and to know which day they were to pick up the money

Original Poster

i always thought they had password or something

same thing happened a while ago - 4 guyys in white overalls walked into furniture store - collected settees - dining sets - nobody said a word!!

nacholibre;2443106

Must have guts to do that.......and to know which day they were to pick … Must have guts to do that.......and to know which day they were to pick up the money

Its called planning and with you wanting to be a copper and all that tut tut:roll:

waterloo;2443144

Its called planning and with you wanting to be a copper and all that tut … Its called planning and with you wanting to be a copper and all that tut tut:roll:

he would make a great copper they never catch anyone :whistling:

Hats off to the guy, he had the bottle and nerve to pull this off so I hope for the sheer audacity he gets away with it, at the end of the day he pulled off a cash blag with such skill they didnt realise they had been robbed until later, so no-one got hurt, to do this took some sheer confidence!

Banned

:whistling: inside job?

Wow, so many compliments so far for this thief

i must be missing something:thinking::?

he probs wore a tinted visor helmet, no cctv could catch him now

holly100;2443138

i always thought they had password or something

they do have a password. they have to turn 90 degrees and clasp hands while saying "the man in the moon is lonely" the other person then says "he needs to meet apollo". only then is the money handed over.:thumbsup:

unfortunately even measures like these are pointless when the bbc shows how to be a proper thief. showing people with bbc3 how to rip off those without it who therefore have no warning. there's a line at which how to avoid a scam becomes how to perpetrate one and The Real Hustle crosses straight over it.

mug51;2443230

he probs wore a tinted visor helmet, no cctv could catch him now

yer but there is cctv everywhere these days, they'll be able to follow him to see where he went.....what vehicle he got into.

I didn't see anything on the local news here in Liverpool.

BTW. I was nowhere near Castle Street on the day in question. Honest!

I have this item for sale though
http://www.kangarooleathers.com/usrimage/cat2935.jpg

Original Poster

[QUOTE=Predikuesi;2443375]I didn't see anything on the local news here in Liverpool.

BTW. I was nowhere near Castle Street on the day in question. Honest!

I have this item for sale though

ideal for a laydee going to a wedding in peckham!!:thumbsup:

We have had warnings in work of bogus phone callers claiming to be the security company we use ringing and asking us to confirm the date and time of collections / drop offs!!!!

As if you would give that information over the phone anyway!

Banned

waterloo;2443144

Its called planning and with you wanting to be a copper and all that tut … Its called planning and with you wanting to be a copper and all that tut tut:roll:

When security is breached like that.....its not the police's fault its the attendant meaning the shops fault

Banned

waterloo;2443144

My proffesion has nothing to do with HUKD lol

That guy must have watched too much of The Real Hustle!

Banned

Abvance;2448869

That guy must have watched too much of The Real Hustle!

He may of robbed real hustle or copied the program before hand....u neva know lol

That guy is probably sunning it up in the Caribean!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions