Boiler

Posted 24th May 2020
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone used Heatable
heatable.co.uk/

Also anyone knows how much it will likely cost to replace water tank and install a combi boiler and which boiler should i get for a 1 bedroom house?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Boxt.co.uk are very good.

Id recommend Ideal Logic boilers with their 7 year warranty. Or Worcester if you want to splash out
Edited by: "2015" 24th May
Ideally keeping the water tank in the loft is a good idea to give water to your toilets & bath.
Depends on size of place 1 bedroom are different sizes, location of where the boilers going, condition of pipes if need replacing. Some jobs are straight forward others are awkward...

boilers Worcester Bosch and Vaillant boilers are rated highly..
I am going to be replacing my full system next month.
Going for a worcester bosch probably , horizontal flu , wireless controller and 6 new rads and TVRs will come in at around £2350 .
Then its roughly going to be £850-£1000 fitting .
All the pipes are there from my old system but the rads are 20 years old so want them changing .
The pipes will need a flush.
Its a direct feed meaning no tank in loft.
yozzman123424/05/2020 08:46

I am going to be replacing my full system next month. Going for a …I am going to be replacing my full system next month. Going for a worcester bosch probably , horizontal flu , wireless controller and 6 new rads and TVRs will come in at around £2350 .Then its roughly going to be £850-£1000 fitting . All the pipes are there from my old system but the rads are 20 years old so want them changing .The pipes will need a flush. Its a direct feed meaning no tank in loft.

Just had this done on my new house renovation , as boiler was about 20 years old .

All the old rads are different sizes to new rads so had to have extra pipe work fitted to every radiator.

Luckily my bro in law did it as he has his own business . Worcester boiler and hive fitted 8 double rads .

fitting was free perks of family
Edited by: "ashmac" 24th May
We got a Worcester Bosch boiler fitted in January by Boxt for £1600 and they were actually cheaper than the local fitters we got quotes off plus also a 10 year warranty, also clicked through Quidco and the £75 cashback paid out last week.
I also recommended my parents to them and we both got a £50 Amazon voucher within a fortnight of them getting a Vailant boiler fitted so Boxt seem also good for promotional cashback.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 24th May
ashmac24/05/2020 08:54

Just had this done on my new house renovation , as boiler was about 20 …Just had this done on my new house renovation , as boiler was about 20 years old . All the old rads are different sizes to new rads so had to have extra pipe work fitted to every radiator.Luckily my bro in law did it as he has his own business . Worcester boiler and hive fitted 8 double rads . fitting was free perks of family

Yes I think some pips will need altering . Which i didn't want to happen as I have expensive 15mm laminate flooring in the 3 bedrooms so will need to take the floor up ! Also tiled bathroom floor ! Had the house for 13 years and boiler was fitted in 2000 .
So its had its life and has only just started to let us down . And the rads are not the best , a few drips now when the system gets hot , where the threads are rusting where the TVR go in .
I might drain the system myself and do all the donkey work and fit the new rads and alter the pipework myself. As I am a joiner and pretty dam good plumber. I
But I would never touch gas or a boiler .
Then just pay my mate £400 for the boiler swap .
yozzman123424/05/2020 09:23

Yes I think some pips will need altering . Which i didn't want to happen …Yes I think some pips will need altering . Which i didn't want to happen as I have expensive 15mm laminate flooring in the 3 bedrooms so will need to take the floor up ! Also tiled bathroom floor ! Had the house for 13 years and boiler was fitted in 2000 . So its had its life and has only just started to let us down . And the rads are not the best , a few drips now when the system gets hot , where the threads are rusting where the TVR go in . I might drain the system myself and do all the donkey work and fit the new rads and alter the pipework myself. As I am a joiner and pretty dam good plumber. IBut I would never touch gas or a boiler . Then just pay my mate £400 for the boiler swap .

Her bro used the plastic clip joints to add the extension , they use all plastic now on new pipe insulation as there a lot better than copper .

Good luck
Boxt look good. I'll be using them later this year when I replace my old boiler.
ashmac24/05/2020 11:39

Her bro used the plastic clip joints to add the extension , they use all …Her bro used the plastic clip joints to add the extension , they use all plastic now on new pipe insulation as there a lot better than copper . Good luck

Yer I have seen they use all plastic now and sometimes come out the floor in copper .
You can get rad extensions. Not ideal but might help you. 20/30/40/50mm extension pieces so you don’t have to alter pipework
yozzman123424/05/2020 09:23

Yes I think some pips will need altering . Which i didn't want to happen …Yes I think some pips will need altering . Which i didn't want to happen as I have expensive 15mm laminate flooring in the 3 bedrooms so will need to take the floor up ! Also tiled bathroom floor ! Had the house for 13 years and boiler was fitted in 2000 . So its had its life and has only just started to let us down . And the rads are not the best , a few drips now when the system gets hot , where the threads are rusting where the TVR go in . I might drain the system myself and do all the donkey work and fit the new rads and alter the pipework myself. As I am a joiner and pretty dam good plumber. IBut I would never touch gas or a boiler . Then just pay my mate £400 for the boiler swap .

Thanks all
201524/05/2020 01:42

Boxt.co.uk are very good.Id recommend Ideal Logic boilers with their 7 …Boxt.co.uk are very good.Id recommend Ideal Logic boilers with their 7 year warranty. Or Worcester if you want to splash out

THANKS will go with this site
Post a comment
@
    Text