Expired

Boiler breakdown cover

Found 7th Oct 2014
What are people paying for boiler cover , my re-newel came through today and is £22 pm x 12 payments i have been with vokera for years not sure if this expensive , i tried tcb and opened the homeserve which seemed to have the best cash back but had a excess of £95

7 Comments

I got told by somebody who used to work for homeserve, that they will not pay out on any claims for the first 6 months of their cover. They class it as remedial work and should be done prior to taking out cover. He told me about an old lady who had a leak upstairs but only really lived downstairs, eventually the leak came through to the downstairs part of her house, but as she was 5 1/2 month in they wouldn't pay anything

Banned

£75 outright or £6.25 a month and that includes a yearly check

you get a free boiler service with the home serve cover and for £2.99 a month and £15 cash back from quidco but yes it does have an excess. they only don't cover you for the first month so u get 11 months cover for 12 months money

Got mine with my home insurance, cost £1.06 a year as a new customer

Put the money in a savings account and pay when it dies.
Pay for an annual service about £70.
Boiler lasts 10yrs, you've saved £3000+ towards a new one

graemepollard

I got told by somebody who used to work for homeserve, that they will not … I got told by somebody who used to work for homeserve, that they will not pay out on any claims for the first 6 months of their cover. They class it as remedial work and should be done prior to taking out cover. He told me about an old lady who had a leak upstairs but only really lived downstairs, eventually the leak came through to the downstairs part of her house, but as she was 5 1/2 month in they wouldn't pay anything

That's not true - the Homeserve policies have an initial exclusion period of 14 days when you aren't covered. Their HomeServe 8 policy says:
"When will I be covered?
For new policyholders, your policy starts the day your application is processed. To prevent claims on pre-existing problems and to keep premiums low, there is an initial exclusion period of 14 days where you will not be covered, giving you 11 and a half months' cover in your first year. For existing policyholders, who are renewing a policy, there is no exclusion period, so long as you renew within 60 days of your expiry date."
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants